WSBK vs MotoGP

Yamaha to pull out of WSBC

Yamaha to Withdraw from World Superbike | Motorcycle News

Following in the role of Ducati, Yamaha has decided to withdraw its Official World Superbike Team at the end of the 2011 Championship, Yamaha Motor Europe (YMW) reported Monday.

Yamaha Europe reported this after a strategic study of the Marketing Operations within Europe, including all Motorsport activities. The study also takes into account "the continuing severe and rapidly changing Powered Two Wheeler market conditions throughout the region."

Yamaha Europe says: "Due to this decision, more resource and focus will now be used for direct 'Customer' activities to ultimately add more value to Yamaha ownership and increased Customer Satisfaction."

I think the racing in WSBK is WAY better than in MotoGP. Do u guys agree?

I don't think so. I enjoy premier class racing and this MotoGP season has been as exciting as any WSBK race I've ever seen.

I try to watch WSBK when I am able but I've never found it any more exciting. I enjoy watching Moto2 and MotoGP above the other classes.

One thing I do love is FIM Supermoto! That's fun

I agree with Dustin, MotoGP is where it's at for me.
Racing at the highest level is what I prefer to see.
WSBK is like a retirement home for old has-been MotoGP riders.

Well I sincerely don't like sbk from ever..is true the races are fantastic battles and is very rare to see a boring race like some(more than some since 500 epoc)on top class.. But is not enough for me,to compare Wsbk championship level to world 2W speed championship level:
first from ever I'm not agree to the bigger twins eng size: on same size,4cylind have hier max power but 2cylind have hier torque on rpm zone wher 4c have nothing.. So a bigger twin have same power and an incomparable torque.. Now 1000vs1200 looks even but do you remember 750cc epoc? The difference was great!
Second: what kind of serie's derivate are a championship were the bikes have less that 10% in common with stock products?
Are series derivates or prototypes with stock's looks?
Moto gp next year will change another time,back to 1000(800 was a very non sense idea!): Moto1 with at the moment not clear rules that permit the use of series engines.. If you consider that now exist a world superstock championship that show really the same bikes that whe all can buy and modify to ride on track, the factory's decision of leave sbk is obvious! Years ago sbk was usual sad: win on sunday,sale on monday.. Today everybody knows that the bike that win sbk race have nothing in common with the same name's bike on your garage. To sale a sport's bike you must win on superstock..look at bmwS1000rr: sbk delusion,superstock champion,top on sale on every euromarkets..
More riders and more bikes in Motogp,sorry Moto1!Sbk in a non sense for me.. But the races are wonderfull!

I have started watching AMA superbike and sportbike again lately and find the racing there better than MotoGP and WSB

Agree. This has been the best racing this year, too bad AMA seems to be crumbling with a short season.

WSBK had been much better the last couple years but I still watch all 3 racing series.

I think the racing in WSBK is WAY better than in MotoGP. Do u guys agree?

Yes & no, if Motogp introduced a regulated electronic package the same for everyone, more tyre manufactures and abolished fuel restrictions this would bring racing closer. Motogp is still the premier class with all the talent, watching Stoner & Lorenzo hanging out 100% is awesome and i respect the skill involved but WSB is he "working mans" racing series with the production bikes bashing fairings. Personally i don't care about lap-times but i like seeing good safe racing.

Last edited:
Personally I find local club racing to be better. MotoGP has become a parade and any more they are lucky to have a dozen racers start. Now I do like to watch Moto2, or whatever the new 600cc class is called. Nothing like 50 bikes all going into turn one.

I just hope that the CRT development, and the switch back to 1000cc bikes, make GP a more interesting class. Ofcourse, I love MotoGP, but it needs some changes and 800's never really turned out to be a great move. Those bikes only seem to work well for a handfull.

WSB? Yeah, it has been interesting to watch, every round, heck even Sykes finally got one it. But I really wish I could watch BSB. The internet footage of Hopper just barely loosing was amazing. That was some sick racing. Two classes of racing where you see bikes still backing it in a bit, squaring corners off, very hardcore.

Back