WTB: ASV or CRG Shorty levers

Get the ASV....a lot better looking, more adjustment ability.
CRG was OK, but looks just like the rest of the knock-offs.
I went from CRG to ASV.:rmwl:

Ive got the ASV levers on mine and love em, for alot of the some reasons Vmax mentioned. Mine are the "long" version but in my opinion look alot cleaner than any other lever option I've seen.

P.S. I went from ebay shorties to the ASV's and never looked back!

thanks anyone else running these? They say they are 55 bucks. If there is a lot of people running them with no problems i might consider but you cant beat lifetime warranties with the asv.

You can look around on eBay......just get the part numbers....I think the clutch lever is same for all the fzs
And r1...most years, just the brake lever is different.

Also, ASV has a website for refurbished levers....but they go fast.
That's how they have the lifetime warranty, they replace them and refurbish...they are half price or less.

I bought the long set, and a shorty brake....all 3 cost me the price of a new one 3 years ago.

The set im running on mine are actually refurbished ones from ASV, they arent brand spanking new but you couldnt tell by looking at them, only come in the long version, black w/ red adjusters though....

Like $130 a set I think....

Linky - ASV Refurbished Levers

Just like Josh...I got my long pair there also....black w/red......they were spotless....and bought a used shorty brake.

I've had two sets of ASV's, they are tough to beat. Great quality, great adjustment, excellent service, rebuildable, long warranty, and they don't fade. The C/5 model is CNC machined, the F3 model is forged. I've had each and can't tell the difference. A new set of F3's is $180 in various colors, so a refurbished set at $130 saves about 1/3 which isn't bad. You are always interacting with the levers, and they are in your vision everytime you look down, why not get a good set of levers instead of a cheapie Chinese knockoff.

I've had the Chinese Pazzo knockoffs and for the money they are quite good, however the ASV F3's I now have are in another league.

They are much more adjustable and there is no hardly any play in them.

I suppose it depends upon how much you want to spend.

Why spend $130 on refurbished levers when you could have two sets of new ones? The levers I got from 434Racer.com are solid pieces and I can't understand why anyone would essentially the same thing for double the cost. Is this just one of those brand preference type things?

Why spend $130 on refurbished levers when you could have two sets of new ones? The levers I got from 434Racer.com are solid pieces and I can't understand why anyone would essentially the same thing for double the cost. Is this just one of those brand preference type things?

Personal preference, I'd rather give my dollars to an American company that designs, tests, builds, repairs, and warranties their product from the USofA rather than a Chinese company who knocks off an already engineered product and makes them for a lot less money. Both products will work, it just depends on what you are looking for and willing to support. If it was a $1,000 cost vs a $5,000 cost I might think differently, but I don't think the cost differential is that great in the lever case. And fortunately I don't have to count the last dollar in my life....sometimes it is nice to get a real deal, high quality product.

Not sure where 434Racer.com gets their levers but it could be American-sourced as well. As far as the warranty goes, I would have to break my lever twice to be a benefit.

I bought knock-offs at first and they faded almost instantly and were pretty much junk from the start, so I swore them off and got ASV's and I've never looked back. And I don't know about you but when it comes to my pride and joy I liked quality parts and products...

So, after rethinking it, you could buy a set for $50 and have about $75 left over for replacements. Since you can buy single levers at $25 you could have money left over for three replacements.

Yep, all true, but think about it this way. Would you buy your fiancee a CZ stone instead of a real diamond for her engagement ring? It looks the same and serves the same function and will save you thousands of dollars. The answer is NO if you value the relationship and your noggin. Quality is more than just how it looks or functions, there is an inherent quality aspect in a product or service that can't be measured. Life is a continuous series of decisions on quality; hamburger or steak, Starbucks or McCafe, Toyota or Lexus, Pepsi or house brand soda, it just depends on what the circumstances are. Price certainly is a function of what product we use, but how the product makes us feel, or looks, or it's durability is a big part of the process as well.

No one is right or wrong, but price is only one aspect of a product. It's all good. :sport12:

Back