WTB: Corbin passenger seat with back rest

Anyone have a Corbin passenger seat with the flip-up backrest? I'd like to purchase one in lieu of a topcase.

The more I have my daughter on the back, to more I'd like to have that passenger backrest option there and the corbin one built into the seat that folds down looks like it will do the trick.

Obviously, they are very pricey, so if anyone has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!

Brian

Anyone have a Corbin passenger seat with the flip-up backrest? I'd like to purchase one in lieu of a topcase.

The more I have my daughter on the back, to more I'd like to have that passenger backrest option there and the corbin one built into the seat that folds down looks like it will do the trick.

Obviously, they are very pricey, so if anyone has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!

Brian

You just missed one on eBay last week. And I do agree that it will add a certain degree of safety when she rides. And by the way I'm not sure if the backrest flips down or if you just remove it when not in use (I thought it was the latter).

Brian
I was not aware that Corbin made a model with a flip-up backrest? The only version I know of requires a bolt to hold the backrest to the seat. As you stated they are quite expensive direct from Corbin. I have seen several of them pop up on Ebay lately.
A much cheaper option is to use the bracket seen below made by forum member Satan666 on the other FZ1 forum. I actually have one of these brackets that I have already installed a nice backrest on for my fiance to use when riding with me.
I honestly just haven't ended up using it as much as I thought I would so I would be willing to sell it if you are interested. Installation is VERY easy, simply remove the nut on the bottom of your stock seat, put the bracket in place, then reattach the nut. If you are interested send me a PM.

I'm sure I was wrong about the flip-up option now. I just wanted something the kid could use that would keep me and the wife a little more comfortable.

Heck, the wife will use it as well.

Thanks Raven, but I'm kind of set on the Corbin.

I just absolutely cannot believe how expensive these Corbin seats are, then you have to add the backrest for over $250 more! It's just crazy.

If anyone finds one available, let me know. I'll only be using it rarely, so $250 on top of the rear saddle just seems insane to me.

I was not aware that Corbin made a model with a flip-up backrest? The only version I know of requires a bolt to hold the backrest to the seat. As you stated they are quite expensive direct from Corbin. I have seen several of them pop up on Ebay lately.
A much cheaper option is to use the bracket seen below made by forum member Satan666 on the other FZ1 forum. I actually have one of these brackets that I have already installed a nice backrest on for my fiance to use when riding with me.
I honestly just haven't ended up using it as much as I thought I would so I would be willing to sell it if you are interested. Installation is VERY easy, simply remove the nut on the bottom of your stock seat, put the bracket in place, then reattach the nut. If you are interested send me a PM.

Hi Raven,

Can you please tell us a little more about this bracket? I really like Satan's work (LOL - Never thought I would write that in a sentence :) and I was wondering if you could explain exactly what this bracket does? Does it allow a back seat to flip down?

Hi Raven,

Can you please tell us a little more about this bracket? I really like Satan's work (LOL - Never thought I would write that in a sentence :) and I was wondering if you could explain exactly what this bracket does? Does it allow a back seat to flip down?

It does not allow the backrest to flip down and I don't know of ANY aftermarket options that do. Satan's bracket is by far the cheapest option I have found for attaching a backrest on the FZ1. He also stated that he will custom make plates to attach to the bracket so it could be used to carry luggage or other things. Seeing how the backrest plate is separate from the bracket that attaches under the seat... I don't see why somebody couldn't fabricate some sort of hinged plate for the backrest that would allow it to flip down. Search for "EZ backrest" on the FZ1OA forum and you will find the thread by Satan about this backrest bracket.

It does not allow the backrest to flip down and I don't know of ANY aftermarket options that do. Satan's bracket is by far the cheapest option I have found for attaching a backrest on the FZ1. He also stated that he will custom make plates to attach to the bracket so it could be used to carry luggage or other things. Seeing how the backrest plate is separate from the bracket that attaches under the seat... I don't see why somebody couldn't fabricate some sort of hinged plate for the backrest that would allow it to flip down. Search for "EZ backrest" on the FZ1OA forum and you will find the thread by Satan about this backrest bracket.

I agree. I have not seen any after market versions for the FZ1, However, I have seen several versions for other bikes:

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Kawasaki & Suzuki Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

There are several more (and that is just what I have seen from casually looking at Corbin's site).

IDK - I hope some really smart guy comes along and makes something like that for us because I think it would be a great thing to have.

I bought a Corbin for the wife, works great. It doesn't fold down, the backrest has some angle adjustment though. Althought the backrest does unbolt I put the std seat on when I ride solo.

003nt.jpg

I bought a Corbin for the wife, works great. It doesn't fold down, the backrest has some angle adjustment though. Althought the backrest does unbolt I put the std seat on when I ride solo.

Hey SS,

I had an idea from looking at pictures of those Corbin backrests online. Is there anything special about the rod that connects the backrest to the seat? It looks like it simply slides into the seat. I was playing with the idea of picking up an older, similar looking backrest and making it fit the Corbin seat. LOL I'm like Blavevia - $250 Xtra for a backrest that I will use about 10% of my riding time seems pretty steep.
I was just wondering if that rod going into the seat is a straight piece of metal? Are there any hooks or notches that make it unique to the Corbin seat? Just asking for your opinion. Sometimes off brand backrests will go for about $20 on Ebay. I didn't see any this AM but I have seen them go pretty cheap.

Last edited:
I tossed up this idea when I was cosidering the Corbin. The base of the std seat is plastic and would not be strong enough to attach a backrest IMO. Another option is to fit a rear parcel rack and attach a backrest to that.

I tossed up this idea when I was cosidering the Corbin. The base of the std seat is plastic and would not be strong enough to attach a backrest IMO. Another option is to fit a rear parcel rack and attach a backrest to that.

Thank you - I appreciate your answer and I really appreciate your taking time to post the photos.

TPJ

Last edited:
Back