yamaha fender eliminator

Hi Everybody
Im trying to fit a genuine yam fender eliminator to my 2009 Fazer and it dosent fit .The number plate light bracket fouls the undertray.Any advice gratefully accepted ,Thanks in advance.

Hi Everybody
Im trying to fit a genuine yam fender eliminator to my 2009 Fazer and it dosent fit .The number plate light bracket fouls the undertray.Any advice gratefully accepted ,Thanks in advance.

I've never seen a 'genuine' Yamaha issued fender eliminator (at least in the US), I'd be surprised they would offer one due to motor vehicle regs which is the main reason the hideous stock fenders are on there to begin with. A pic or two would help us figure out what is going on with your part.

Yamaha Fender Elimiter

Thanks for your replies,
I bought this item off Yamaha Motor Europe - Motorcycles, Scooters, Marine, ATV, Snowmobiles, Generators, Golf Cars part no. 3C3F16E01000,the paperwork states it will fit my bike as well as the naked model,but the only way it will fit my bike is to use the extention bar[ item 1] in the instructions witch makes the whole thing pointless,plus if I did use the extention bar the cables for the licence plate light are not long enough to connect to the bikes loom.There is not enough meat in the mounting brackets [item16]to drill new holes and there is nothing to gind that will help.
As before all advice apreciated.
Thanks for your help and interest.

Back