Your LEAST favorite motorcycle you owned?

Mine would have to be my first street bike, the venerable Yamaha Virago 535. Since I am 6' tall and 250lbs I was told on multiple occasions that I looked like Magilla gorilla or Grape ape on the thing.

I love my Virago 750. I am 6'3'' at 275 lbs so I look silly on it according to my friends, but I don't care. It is a great bike that has taken me across the country problem free.

DSC_0008a.jpg

Worst bike I have owned is probably a Suzuki GZ250 I bought for my mom. I occasionally ride it and I really do look silly on that thing. Not a horrible bike just slower than sin.

Sorry no pic for the GZ, it would be too bad to capture on film.

I love my Virago 750. I am 6'3'' at 275 lbs so I look silly on it according to my friends, but I don't care. It is a great bike that has taken me across the country problem free.

DSC_0008a.jpg

Worst bike I have owned is probably a Suzuki GZ250 I bought for my mom. I occasionally ride it and I really do look silly on that thing. Not a horrible bike just slower than sin.

Sorry no pic for the GZ, it would be too bad to capture on film.

I only have one thing to say, something I have heard a hundred times: GRAPE APE GRAPE APE!

Love the pics, wish I had some of me on the 535

Mine was my 2005 KTM 300 EXC. It had almost no low-end, and wouldn't turn

NO bottom-end at all? Seems odd for a 2-stroke of that size, the cr250 and kx250 I used to ride were torque monsters (especially the Kx, went flat up top but would pull a stump). If the Katoom was that weak on the bottom I could see why you wouldn't like it. I guess speaking of the "worst" bike I owned, it would have been the 96' cr250. Having come up on Kawaski dirtbikes, I found the transition to the Honda less than totally pleasurable. No where near as flexible to ride, harsh suspension, just didn't have the "feel" I liked. If I could have stuffed the Honda motor into the Kawasaki frame I would have been in business, the Cr motor plain ripped.

Last edited:
Worst bike I've ever owned was a Kawa KZ1100 with full fairing. The fairing was the first thing removed. It had great pull power but missed the high end power. I noticed it heavy steering and the suspension sucked. Eventually I noticed the fuell tank was leaking (the fuell tank was only suspended in rubber mounts and not bolted, hence it was cut through by the metal plate in the saddle) After having it temp fixed, I sold the bike after 4 months and got me a GPZ instead...

Below a google picture without the fairing

http://ronpenndorf.com/images/kawas.jpg

The worst bike I had was a 1982 Kawasaki KE125. I was hoping it would be good for off road use. I think it blew up after about 20 miles and I never even got to take it off road. I found out after the engine blew that the bike was super rare so parts were all discontinued. Sorry, no pics.

I'm going to jump on the first bike bandwagon. I loved my 1997 Katana 600 when I had it. I was sad when I dumped it on the highway and totalled it. I replaced it with a 2000 CBR600 F4 that I also loved. I had fond memories of my old Kat. A coworker bought a used Katana and wanted me to test ride it since I'd had one previously. I took it for a ride and all was good, but dang what a POS that bike was by comparison. It's one of those bikes I enjoyed and while I didn't hate it, I'll be quite content to never swing a leg over one again.

As for that VTX1800. I test rode one at a Honda Demo day. After all the reviews I figured I might like it...for a cruiser. I simply could not believe how harsh the ride was on that thing. I felt every single bump on the road. I had been led to believe that cruisers were comfy bikes that you could cruise all day on, but I barely handled the couple of miles of the demo route. And on top of that, there's people who ride hard tails! No thanks. I did enjoy the Rocket III at the Triumph demo day though.

Being the technophile that I am, I ahve to say that my 78 400 hawk was the least functional most poorly performing bike but I loved it. Basically I have loved each bike I have owned more than the last and always my growing love relates to better performance.

PS now you know how old I am...

this is a no brainer for me. bought a 71 kaw 500 2 stroke, bike was fast when it ran, which wasn't to often . the cd ignition system really s#*ked.

Back