10 Reasons You Won't Like The FZ1

10) The mileage is not so good. Actually the mileage is abyssmal: As advertised on Yamaha's website, I'm getting 35 MPG. I hate honesty. Why couldn't they tell me I was going to get 15 MPG. Then 35 would seem awesome!

9) I'm constantly cleaning the plastic from all the drool of teenage boys.

8) I'm tired of grown men flirting with my bike saying stuff like "That's the bike I really wanted" to it.

7) It's got way too many gears. I get to highway speed and I've still got 5 gears left.

6) Instead of saying "Yamaha" somewhere on the bike it's got pictures of tuning forks all over it. I caught some lady trying to play Beethoven on it.

5) The ergonomics are all wrong. Instead of leaning me over so I have to get off it in half an hour because of back pain I'm so comfortable I never come straight home. Well maybe that's not such a big one. Forget I mentioned that.

4) It's way too fast. I left for work this morning and got there yesterday.

3) It turns way too easy. I went to make a sharp left turn the other day and spun in place for 5 minutes.

2) Every other vehicle I own looks like sh%t now.

1) Since I bought it the producers of "Batman" have been after me to play the Joker in the sequel...because of the stupid grin that's stuck on my face.

Awesome! Norm, where have you been? THAT much riding? ;)

Can you please post that awesome story you wrote on the FZ6 forum here too? The one about why we ride?

This is GREAT stuff!

10) The mileage is not so good. Actually the mileage is abyssmal: As advertised on Yamaha's website, I'm getting 35 MPG. I hate honesty. Why couldn't they tell me I was going to get 15 MPG. Then 35 would seem awesome!

9) I'm constantly cleaning the plastic from all the drool of teenage boys.

8) I'm tired of grown men flirting with my bike saying stuff like \"That's the bike I really wanted\" to it.

7) It's got way too many gears. I get to highway speed and I've still got 5 gears left.

6) Instead of saying \"Yamaha\" somewhere on the bike it's got pictures of tuning forks all over it. I caught some lady trying to play Beethoven on it.

5) The ergonomics are all wrong. Instead of leaning me over so I have to get off it in half an hour because of back pain I'm so comfortable I never come straight home. Well maybe that's not such a big one. Forget I mentioned that.

4) It's way too fast. I left for work this morning and got there yesterday.

3) It turns way too easy. I went to make a sharp left turn the other day and spun in place for 5 minutes.

2) Every other vehicle I own looks like sh%t now.

1) Since I bought it the producers of \"Batman\" have been after me to play the Joker in the sequel...because of the stupid grin that's stuck on my face.

Thats got to be one of the best FZ1 posts I've have seen so far! Great work!

Thank you!

Eric, I posted what I think you were referring to in the other thread (the one about liking to mod or liking to ride).

Hey Norm, You should definitely gather up some of your writings and submit them to some motorcycle publications. I'm sure that they would wind up in print. Either that or put them all together and publish them yourself on E-Book. You'll probably make a nice chunk of change for yourself.

Hey Norm, You should definitely gather up some of your writings and submit them to some motorcycle publications. I'm sure that they would wind up in print. Either that or put them all together and publish them yourself on E-Book. You'll probably make a nice chunk of change for yourself.

You are too kind. Thanks!

Back