11-13-2011 Last Trackday of the year video onboard ZX6R

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I attended the last two track dates of the year here in the NE this weekend.
This is a couple of misc. laps on Thunderbold on the ZX6r. Hope you enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuIjO5ZGm0"]Tbolt 11-13-2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
D'oh.. sorry :D

Yeah.. shift light I saw (and figured out).. the steady yellow.. thought that was oil. Glad it wasn't that.

Oil light would have been red...I think orange is only used in shift lights and low fuel. More urgent stuff like oil, temp and charging statuses use red displays.

Damn! I just got home from work and sat down to watch the entire video. Johnny, you are much faster on this bike than you were on the FZ1, thats for sure. You were hauling azz my friend. Nice job! How do you feel after a full session when you get off the bike?

Lookin' good man! :yes:

Don't you just love a fast, small bike?

Pete I can not believe how good the bike is in stock form. It still has the original tires(BT15's) on it. I still need to remeber to keep the revs up. I might change to gearing a little.

Bill after two days I'am getting familiar with the bike. I felt good after the sessions. 2 days in a row(2 different tracks) and I did every session.

RE: Thanks Johnny

:shaking head: Thanks alot Johnny !! . . . . dang , , ,that is soooo cooool !!
I too prefer the vids with the gauges in view. I really like the cool gear indicator on the little Ninja too. Oh man, I envy your track bike . . ! Very nice. Thanks again for the show.
Whew , , , I'm plum wore out watching you pitch the bike over into the corners, I gotta take me a short rest break, , , , back soon :cheers:

Pete I can not believe how good the bike is in stock form. It still has the original tires(BT15's) on it. I still need to remeber to keep the revs up. I might change to gearing a little.

Bill after two days I'am getting familiar with the bike. I felt good after the sessions. 2 days in a row(2 different tracks) and I did every session.

I short shift mine too. 15,000+ rpms just seems too high.

I'm glad you're having fun. I take mine out this Saturday.

I was hoping to come see you out there but I have my 1st road bike training event for the MS150. I am embarrassed to say I spent more $ on a road bike than I did my mountain bike and I likely will not use the road bike anywhere near as much.

I know what you mean, my other addition is bicycles.

Cool vid John, I hope to catch you guys again perhaps next year for a couple track days. I really enjoyed the last one.

That would be great. Pete just got a Duc 999 so will it be his track bike or the Triumph:thinking::confused0024: Amevl is looking for something to use as well so next year should be really fun.

You should run the Vmax:yes:

Back