2/8/12

I hope this is not too late.
I would suggest taking the bike to a local motorcycle dealer who has a ramp.
Park it.
Take a cab home
Return in your truck.
Then ask the shop guys to load/ let you use their ramp.
I have done this several times with no problems. The only catch is that I have been charged $20 twice. Other than that - No worries.
I promise you that $20 is a drop in the bucket compared to trying to load a bike in the back of a truck by yourself. I know a lot of guys suggest finding a hill or loading dock but this is just so simple

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
I loaded the bike onto my car hauler trailer. Myself and bike made the trip without incident and is residing inside the local shop where I have a date to sort the carbs this Saturday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mostly Harley/chopper riders in the area, but had a few lookey-Loos from the bar peak in to inquire what was on the trailer.

One step closer to being on the bike.....

I will be towing a bike today (and Lee's FZ next week hopefully) and was wondering where the best place to hook the straps up to the front of the bike is. As someone said here, the risers seem good but what if the bike has clip-ons?

Ill have to get the packaging but the setup I purchased had two sets of loops that allowed you to fasten and compress the forks in the forward position and the the other set allowed you to secure side to side movement. Worked well on that it bunched up the rubber part of my rizoma grip from holding soon well.

I use a lovely little device called a Canyon Dancer for whenever I have to tow...

+1 for the "Dancer". Tony picked me up one a year or so ago and I haven't looked back! Looked back to see if the bike is okay I mean! It's so simple but genius at the same time. I came all the way from Boston with the YZF with just the Dancer and one strap on the back to prevent any side to side movement or the rear. By the time I got home, you still couldn't move the bike an inch either direction. Great tool for anyone that transports to have!

I use a lovely little device called a Canyon Dancer for whenever I have to tow...

+1 for the "Dancer". Tony picked me up one a year or so ago and I haven't looked back! Looked back to see if the bike is okay I mean! It's so simple but genius at the same time. I came all the way from Boston with the YZF with just the Dancer and one strap on the back to prevent any side to side movement or the rear. By the time I got home, you still couldn't move the bike an inch either direction. Great tool for anyone that transports to have!

Yea, the Canyon Dancer is a great investment, especially if you need to strap down a bike with fairings as it puts the attaching point clear of the plastics.

I have a great trailer with a folding loading ramp built in with a 3500 LB axle, and 3 front wheel chocks. I use it to haul dirt bikes and stuff, I actually hauled my Harley with it once. I have always wondered about ever putting the FZ1 in there because of the fairing, Looks like a Canyon Dancer is going to be on my buy it now list. Thanks guys for all the great information on Mods and products. This forum rocks...

"High Roller " is the name of the product I used. Instead of 2 anchor points, you get four to secure. It was adjustable from 22"-34" and the same price as "Canyon Dancer ".

Caution about using the Canyon Dancer - been using one since '97 when I got my CBR600) - do not allow anyone to insert key and turn the key on while the bike is strapped down!!

On both my CBR and FZ1, when the bike is tied down, either the starter (CBR) or the horn button (FZ1) is depressed.

I've heard some horror stories about turning the key on when its tied down like this and having it crank and go WOT - from service managers where incidents have happened. And its not just the Canyon Dancer - any strapping system that slips over throttle can potentially cause probs.

My key stays in my pocket - this past year when asked for the key with it tied down for a state inspection, I told the guy no - I loosened the tiedowns before letting him check the lights.

Back