2007 FZ1 Retro - Don't have a Cow!

What's it worth with all the goodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, contemplatiing this, need advice.

Many on here have seen my 2007 FZ1. Original GYT-R Retro Kit including solo seat cover and rim stripes, Galfer wave rotor in the rear, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, CRG Roll-Click levers custom Gold/Red clickers, Driven Axle Block Sliders in gold with black Delrin sliders, other gold accents, and it's current latest modification the GPR V4 Steering Damper (installed by GPR at NJMP AMA Superbike races).

I bought it new in May, 2010. Still under full warranty. 1,700 miles and counting. Covered under Yamaha Factory 1 year unlimited mileage warranty until May 5, 2011!

Seriously considering adding a 2009 Ninja ZX10R to the stable to match Wifey's new 2009 Ninja 250R, but am thinking I might have to choose either the ZX10R or the FZ1 and not keep both.

Without taking all the stuff off, what do you guys think it's worth? For the sake of argument, I think I'd sell it for $7,500 with everything ON IT! The GPR alone was $400, the Retro Kit can't be had for less than $1,200. The Retro kit really stands out as well, and everything on the bike is as new.

Would anyone pay $7,500 or best offer for a 2007 that's only 4 months old with all the farkels, or should I strip it back to stock and sell it for the extremely small amount they seem to be getting in stock form on resale?

If I'm going to do that, do I leave the retro kit on it and just trade it and call it a day, then sell off the goodies and keep the GPR damper for my next bike or Wifey's Ninjette?

OR, just keep the FZ1 due to its depreciation and add a ZX10R to go back to track days?

Anyway, it's out there for consideration, and I asked for opinions, so fire away.

Last edited:
I agree with Pete. Mods never fetch any more for the bike unless you can find a buyer that is looking specifically for a modded FZ1 and does appreciate the add-ons and the value of them. In other words, one that has recently crashed and the rider wants a ready-to-go ride.

If it were me Brian, and it will be me some day, I would put it back to 100% stock and sell the mods as individual items here on the forum, ebay, craig's list or the other FZ1 forum. Sell the bike as a private sale and take all the cash to deal with the new bike.

Either way, good luck and please stay on the forum!!

I'm not going anywhere guys! I'm just brainstorming. It would be nice to have the matching Ninja, but I'm not going to take that bad a beating on my FZ1.

I'd never leave the forum anyway. I'm still a member of the MV Agusta forum as well, and I sold that bike over a year ago. Too many new friends and good people here to just walk away because I have a different bike.

I agree that it's ALWAYS better to sell the bike outright without the goodies, but I figured my bike with all the stuff would be extremely desirable the way it is. After all, I like it! :)

I don't think I could let her go for $5,000 even. I have to leave the GYT-R retro kit on there because I sold the origninals. Figured I was never going back. I'm a bit emotional about it, and with it only being 4 months old I'd just keep it and add the Ninja if I felt I absolutely NEEDED to have it (the Ninja).

Thanks for the perspective guys!

You know Brian, If the FZ is paid for then just add another bike when you can. It is great having two bikes. Two very different bikes is really interesting, but even a full on race replica and the comfortable sports bike, would be great two. I actually have 3 bikes, but one is now a future resto' project, unless someone comes along with an offer I can't refuse, for the little gem, so I don't count it. I am considering another bike for adventure riding (the new Yamaha Super Tenere'), but like both the bikes that I have now and can't see parting with either. All my machines are paid for in full, but I still could not see taking a beating (price wise on either), only to find that I regretted selling.
Another case of, always wanting what we don't have and not appreciating what we are fortunate to have already. :spank2: Human Nature, or at least MAN's Nature. Some things never change, it's what our economy depends on.

I feel your pain.

If your serious about this then I would wait till the official announcement from Kawasaki as to the final design and changes to the 2011 ZX10 :deal:

Yeah, that's supposed to be Oct. 5.

I'm not looking for the newest of the new, but there are dealers out there with 2008 and 2009 ZX10Rs that in my opinion haven't completetly dropped their pants yet.

Back