2008 fz1 help

hi my mate as just bought 2008 fz1 loves it .
hes asked me if anyone knows about the GLITCH the 2006 2007 models had he was told the 2008 hasnt got it ,if he puts after market pipe on will he new to put power commander on to smoth it out .
thanks .

is the glitch he's referring to the electronic fuel cutoff? The 06 model was the worst and the 07/08 models were "fixed." It's still there per government regulations but not as bad. If he goes with the fuel cut eliminator from Ivan then it will be electronically gone. Pipe and power commander won't have any effect on the throttle snatch.

i was advised that the fueling issue suffered by the 06 / 07 FZ1's , was well & truely sorted with the 08 model . a PC111 with custom dyno mapping , should sort out previous models fueling issues .. :confused:

I just bought an '08 after selling my '07 FZ6. I think you're referring to the throttle delay just as you crack it open. It was real evident and annoying on the FZ6.

My FZ1 is much better. So much so, I think the throttle delay it is still there but it's so minor I am not certain.

Last edited:
i put a two bros slip on and a K&N air filter. i started to experince throttle delay it got real annoying that i had to get the power commander. it smoothed the problem out. im still going to have it dynoed to make it prefect. oh and its a 08

It's been my experience with my "08" model that letting it rev to 4000 or above as a shift point does wonders to improve the transition between gears and until I learned that, I thought it had an on/off problem in fuel delivery when I shifted. I would get a lag between gearns that bugged the daylights out of me. If it is allowed to rev between shifts, that lag is totally gone. That doesn't mean you have to be "on the gas" hard between shifts,just let it rev. My last bike, a DL650, had a bit of the same situation. If you come from a big twin (not my situation) where you learn to shift down low all the time, you have to totally change your shifting patern. Once you've got it, the bike is a true joy to ride. I do believe that it's easy in some cases to imagine a problem when none really exist.

Interesting, I noticed a 'hiccup' when I did a fast throttle open this morning.
I have a new 08' with less than 100 miles on it. I just cranked the throttle open,
and it's like it skipped a beat.
I did look at the stock FZ1 map from Dynojet, and they also confirmed for me that the FZ1 is actually too rich from the factory. The map also showed that. Is that the problem? I only noticed it once, but hadn't opened the throttle that quickly before then either. Weird. Last time I felt that was when I had a bike jetted too rich.

What's this Ivan's fuel cutoff thing?

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE this bike.

- Troy

i put a two bros slip on and a K&N air filter. i started to experince throttle delay it got real annoying that i had to get the power commander. it smoothed the problem out. im still going to have it dynoed to make it prefect. oh and its a 08
Nice, me too. I just got my Akrapovic Slip on and a power commander and am waiting to take it to get dyno tested and tuned professionally.

I'm looking to move to Ft. Lauderdale area at the end of the year. It would be cool to find another FZ rider around the area to ride with'

Back