2008 FZ1 with 25k Miles?

HAWT SH!T!.

I kinda wish mine were black now... Those are good pics.

My friend's wife says my bike looks like a pokemon...

What does she know?!

Also... that driveway of yours makes me JEALOUS! I hate my f*cking gravel driveway. I can't wait to move outta BFE and into a civilized area!

I was concerned about the high-mileage bike because the owner claimed to have owned the Yamaha dealership and gave me a story about the previous owner of the bike, but it just didn't add up. If he owned the dealership he should have known how important it was to keep the maintenance records, and he had none. I do want some cases but prefer the black to the dark red.

I went up last night and took cash and talked the guy down a bit on the black one with low miles. He also gave me the complete history and receipts for the few add-ons he put on (mostly just body and fork protectors, whatever they're called) and a nice tank bag he bought for it.

I am now the proud owner of an '08 FZ1. I'm going to look at some bags and a GPS now...

Thanks for all the advice!

glad you bought an fz1 but to be honest I have done 20,000 on my bike and it is just about loosening up so 25,000 on an fz1 is nowt to worry about as with any bike check for all things esp the gear box and engine my bike has 3 service stamps in the book and one oil change and filter I done myself at 18,000 which I did not put in the book the dealer said today that considering I ride all year round the bike is in good condition considering.I get my bike a major service once a year and brakes cleaned up twice a year,just before winter and after winter-spring.

HAWT SH!T!.

I kinda wish mine were black now... Those are good pics.

My friend's wife says my bike looks like a pokemon...

What does she know?!

Also... that driveway of yours makes me JEALOUS! I hate my f*cking gravel driveway. I can't wait to move outta BFE and into a civilized area!

LOL I've never had someone tell me they were jealous of my driveway before.

Went for my first ride yesterday after work, really enjoyed it. Already have a ton of accessories like side cases and a Garmin Zumo on my wish list... :D

Congrats! Nice ride you picked up! Can you share the OTD price?

Ride safe!

I paid $6500 and he threw in a nice tank bag and gave me the receipts for the add-ons. I know I could have probably found one for around $6k, in fact I even found one about 3.5 hours away from me, but I'm going to the beach in a week and REALLY wanted to ride. Plus he had 4 pristine bikes in his garage and the bike is immaculate. I feel like it's brand new. I know he's the type to take care of them. I had already driven 3 hours (with traffic) to look at it so I was dreading trying to do that again in a week.

I'm very happy with it, and plan to keep it for a long time so I'm okay with paying a little bit too much if it means I can ride now. It's been 3 months since I sold my last bike, I was itching to get one!

Congrads: I am like you, what is a few hundred dollars when you have to spend your time and about that much in gas to go see another bike that may or may not be what you want. The seller had his bike in outstanding condition. Have fun and be careful!

I've been looking for a used FZ1 for a couple of months now and finally found two for sale in my area. Both 2008's. One only has 3k miles and is black (my preference) but has no touring accessories yet. The second has 25,000 miles, is red, but has side and back luggage, touring windshield and seat, Garmin GPS mount, and more. And it's $2k less expensive than the first one.

I'm tempted to get the high-mileage FZ1 but am curious what is considered "high" mileage for an FZ1? I've searched a few forums and can't seem to find many opinions.

I'm going to make the drive (about an hour and a half) to see both bikes on Wednesday. I'll likely get one or the other, and really appreciate any advice.

Here are the two postings:

2008 Yamaha FZ1 Mint Condition! Low Miles! Extras!

2008 Yamaha FZ1

Thanks

I know I am late on this but, don't focus too much on the milage. I have a buddy here where I work and we carpool eveytime it rains (we So Cally guys are such pussies). He has 78,000mi on his Suzuki GSX-R 750. He has typical bolt ons and thebike runs flawless. I would have gone for the cheaper bike with all the accessories.

;)

I paid $6500 and he threw in a nice tank bag and gave me the receipts for the add-ons. I know I could have probably found one for around $6k, in fact I even found one about 3.5 hours away from me, but I'm going to the beach in a week and REALLY wanted to ride. Plus he had 4 pristine bikes in his garage and the bike is immaculate. I feel like it's brand new. I know he's the type to take care of them. I had already driven 3 hours (with traffic) to look at it so I was dreading trying to do that again in a week.

I'm very happy with it, and plan to keep it for a long time so I'm okay with paying a little bit too much if it means I can ride now. It's been 3 months since I sold my last bike, I was itching to get one!

I just sold my 08 (sorry red) for $6100 here in Oregon, stock except for two bros slip on. So with accesories, and low mileage I'd be happy. Have fun, and no matter what anyone tells you, RED is faster.:party0011:

Back