2008 Motorcycle Sales Statistics

i hope that things get better fast as well , but as i looked at the numbers i thought of two things . First is maybe they will find ways to get prices down and second.........Yamaha is on top of the charts for total sales:D

Im not really to concerend where the sales numbers are at. This economy will move forward, its just gonna take time. I just know if Yamaha puts out a new FZ1 model for 010 I'm gonna S#!T

Compaired to auto sales it's not all that bad. I used to be a manager in a large international company before I started my own business in 1985. One aspect of business that always seemed to be impossible to me was that every year there was an expectation, even a demand, that sales had to increase a certain percentage. Never did I hear that there was point at which sales would level. We do live in a finite world, and that being the case, at some point everyone will eventually reach that point. Nothing goes on forever unchecked. Perhaps we are in an era of correction that is inevitable. If anyone has studied biology, species will grow untill their population overburdens itself and then it will begin a decline. Not my rule, nature's.

but unlike the strong survive while the weak perish....we keep pumpin' money to keep this sinking ship afloat and act as if nothing is going on?!

It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN! Some regions will probably be affected more than others.

Does everyone have their life preserver ready when IT hits the fan??

BroHay

Interesting but a little off

That was an interesting article, but in one way it was a little off in my opinion.

From what I read the total number of NEW motorcycles were down, and does not include ALL manufacturers since not ALL are part of the MIC.

I live in NE Kentucky and over the past few years you would see a fair share of bikes out during the summer (usually saw about 10 a day). This past year :eek: I swear I saw atleast 50 to 60 or more a day. A quite a few of these were scooters. I would say that most of these scooter manufacturers do not report to the MIC.

We have 2 big motorcycle shops here , Honda and a Yamaha dealerships and one small privately owned scooter shop. The 2 big dealers could not keep scooters in stock and had real trouble getting them in. The small shop (which sold a scooter brand that I have never heard of) was selling anywhere from 50 to 75 scooters a month over the summer.

I would say that if they could count all motorcycles, new, used and all scooter brands the number would be WAY up there

Back