2009 Model FZ1N

Gunny

Lo folks im Gunny

First post here,i will introduce myself in your new members area shortly.

Im about to put down my deposit on a brand new FZ1N(non abs)

I was going to buy a 2006 one but then i read all the negative comments about the fuel cut problem.
i believe this was cured from 2008 model onwards,but im just a bit short of cash to buy a 2008 right out.

So im getting £900 off the price of the brand new one and im getting it delivered for free up to scotland and of course im still getting 0% apr.

I`ve went over the pros and cons for days but all my friends say its a no brainer at this deal and to just get it.

ANYWAY has anyone on here got the 2009 bike and what do they think of it?

Should i be posting this in the uk section?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
:welcome:

I have the new 2009 and have no regrets buying this. I traded up fom the FZ6. They've all but eliminated the FC issue with the newer models. The bike is vey well refined in the 2009 series and handles like a true sport bike yet you can tour with it as well.

Buy it... you'll love it!

AHHHH 14 days--Summin to do with distance selling regulations..
The dealer is 200 miles away,ah well,got good deal and free delivery.

They are so much cheaper over the pond though arent they?

Brand new Fz1 list price over here is £8299 which is $13609 dollar on the converter i used.

Saw brand new ones for sale on Ebay us for much less

Brand new Fz1 list price over here is £8299 which is $13609 dollar on the converter i used.

Cheer up, Its still half as much as it costs here. :tdown:
I hope this 14 days will fly and you"ll get your bike with joy.

Yes, The FZ1 is a bargain over here. Have seen leftover 2008 ones going for below $7k USD and even 2009 model can be had for less than $8k USD. These prices don't include taxes or any other fees, but they vary by state anyway.

you will not regret it. i upgraded to the FZ1N from an FZ6N in April and i rediscovered riding. to put the FZ1 in context. i also have an R1 that still has chicken strips on the rear wheel. the FZ1N has scrubbed edges front and back and i only commute on it!

Awesome with the TB can on it!!!

I got my new 2009 model about 2 months ago in graphite from Wigan yamaha and paid £7000 and got 0% finance. i have no regrets as yet just had first service so can now ride it like i stole it.:yes:

Nice one Gunny, same here roll on saturday morning. I just hope it isnt pi$$ing down :tup:

With the can fitted what do you need to do to adjust the fuelling ?

Nice one Gunny, same here roll on saturday morning. I just hope it isnt pi$$ing down :tup:

With the can fitted what do you need to do to adjust the fuelling ?

With only a slip-on exhaust the stock ECU will be able to compensate for it since it's a little rich from the factory to begin with. Once you install a full exhaust and open up the airbox then a Power Commander III or V would be needed to adjust the fueling.

Post some pics when you get her and congrats on the purchase wish we could get the completely naked over here. maybe I'll get a wild hair and do the naked converstion ::):

DSCF2256.jpg

DSCF2257.jpg

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2274.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2282.jpg

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2262.jpg

Did 180 miles today.

Woohoo

Cans getting changed on Saturday

Last edited:
Is it everything that you have been dreaming about up to this point??

Congrats on the wheels and the US dealers should make it an option to upgrade to a nakked conversion --

Where you getting it from and what colour?

Hi Gunny, mines coming from Appleyards in Leeds. I've opted for the graphite colour. Love the picture where you've just fitted the t-tidy and just discarded the other one on the grass behind. :shine:

ps that grass needs cutting :cheers:

Back