2011 Mileage Competition

mld85

Since my riding session has come to a wintery cold end I have begun dreaming of next season. So I figured we could see who rides the most around here.

The rules are simple.
Take a picture of your odometer with a piece of paper that has a special word on it​
In one years time take another picture​
Calculate distance traveled​
Compare distances and determine who the winner is​

In all interest of fairness I will not makeup the special word. The first to reply can pick out the word.

Yep I think my season is done. I rode a bit this week, but it has been snowing all day so I winterized the girl. I am jealous of people that can ride year round. My only hope is that I am in education so I can ride a lot in the summer.

We may have an advantage in FL since we have a 12 month riding season but I am in!

Some of us Northern riders may give you a run for the money. Mind you, I split my mileage between two bikes. I racked up 19,000 km between the two bikes, this season, with the FZ taking just over half of those km.

sounds like a challenge to me!:fencers:

Speedometers at Dawn! If I had a white glove.......

I'll take a shot of my Dash on the 31st and post up then see how it goes. I am hoping the new TS seat gives me reason to rack up even more miles (kilometers).

Maybe an Oil company and Tire manufacturer would like to sponser this little contest. They surely will benifit.

They do this on the sister site for the FZ6 riders. They have it broken into two groups, year round and seasonal where seasonal is March 15th through November 15th.

I'll pitch in my pics but I already know I'm far from being one of the top. Last year, I barely got 4k on the bike. The previous year was 8,800 miles over two different bikes.

They do this on the sister site for the FZ6 riders. They have it broken into two groups, year round and seasonal where seasonal is March 15th through November 15th.

I like the idea of two different riding time divisions.

What do we think about the use of multiple bikes? All the bikes you own or just a FZ?

I know there is no way I will get 25,000 miles on my bike. I don't even go that far in a car in a year.

I like being able to show all of the two-wheels you ride, provided ONLY you are the rider! :D So, pics of both (or more?) ODO's?

Seasonal, we will have to wait for March 15th for pics. ;)

I'll play! But I don't think I'll get within ear shot of the leaders :)
We can ride year round down under here... well I'm not that keen during june/july (our winter) it's too cold for me.

I like the idea of two different riding time divisions.

What do we think about the use of multiple bikes? All the bikes you own or just a FZ?

I know there is no way I will get 25,000 miles on my bike. I don't even go that far in a car in a year.

Write up some rules, and classes? As far as odometers go, mine won't change between Now and March so I can take pictures on the 31st and it will still be valid in spring. I was thinking of putting my phone, with the date showing, (or maybe the current Forum web page) beside the odometer for the pictures.

Back