2011 Mileage Competition

OK official rules time:

This competition is a year long mileage, or kilometers, comparison. There will be two categories.
  1. Total miles on a FZ1
  2. Total miles on all your motorcycles

Full Year Competition

The full year competition will begin December 31, 2010​

Post a picture of your odometer with the date visible next to the mileage. You may use a cell phone, newspaper, or any published material with the full date.​

You may use as many bikes as you wish. Post pictures and dates for all your bikes. You may add another bike at any point in the year.​

The competition will end on December 31, 2011​

Anytime before January 1, 2012 post an end picture of your odometer(s).​

In your end post tell us your total mileage on your FZ and your total overall mileage.​

I'm in for sure! I have an interested buyer for my FZ1 and it may be sold on Thursday but I will continue to track mileage on December 21 on whatever bikes I have at the time.

In an attempt to scare you guys: I bought my FZ1 mid-July and have put about 7000 miles on it since then. Keep in mind I did the majority of my riding before July and this 7000 miles is 80% commuting. Next year I have a 7000-mile trip planned over 25 days or so and there's plenty more riding to be done afterwards

:popcorn:

I'm in for sure! I have an interested buyer for my FZ1 and it may be sold on Thursday but I will continue to track mileage on December 21 on whatever bikes I have at the time.

In an attempt to scare you guys: I bought my FZ1 mid-July and have put about 7000 miles on it since then. Keep in mind I did the majority of my riding before July and this 7000 miles is 80% commuting. Next year I have a 7000-mile trip planned over 25 days or so and there's plenty more riding to be done afterwards

:popcorn:

I'm going to have buy a Goldwing and quit my job to win this competition.

August 1st, 2011?!? :confused: :poke:

I'll post up a pic too. I'll be in it to play along with absolutely no hope to even be close! :bowdown:

PS no I'm not really an idiot, I see the 'incorrect' date format :nana:

The temperature (Celcius) and speedometer (km/h) are all messed up too! LOL! This reminds me of a funny incident where I accidentally switched my speedometer from mph to kmh when fueling up. After getting back on the road I passed a cop and almost had a heart attack when I looked down and thought I was going almost twice the speed limit! :eek:

C'mon people, post ya speedo pics and stop picking on the colonials... I know we're funny looking and we're up side down, and our government loves to tax the ass out of everything (making it double of what you guys in the US pay - god bless the internet for shopping) and we ride on the wrong side of the road, we talk funny.... but you guys are a day behind :D

Well, it's 2011 and I've no bike. I may be picking up a new bike tomorrow (we'll see), and if/when I do, I'll take a photo and get started in this fun game!

C'mon people, post ya speedo pics and stop picking on the colonials... I know we're funny looking and we're up side down, and our government loves to tax the ass out of everything (making it double of what you guys in the US pay - god bless the internet for shopping) and we ride on the wrong side of the road, we talk funny.... but you guys are a day behind :D

OK, sorry about that... I'm tired and I really did have to look at the date on your phone a couple times to understand it. (so I really am the idiot I denied earlier :kuku:):gagged::eek:

OK, sorry about that... I'm tired and I really did have to look at the date on your phone a couple times to understand it. (so I really am the idiot I denied earlier :kuku:):gagged::eek:

Oh that's ok, I laughed at it and knew you we're just having a friendly dig :D It's all good here! That's one of the things I love about these forums, everyone is friendly and the jabs are always in jest.

I'd like to visit Australia one day.... even if everything is backwards :nana: Here is the mileage on my FZ1 (purchased in July 2010) as of today. I used my cell phone to take the picture, so don't mind the background on my fiance's phone that I used to show the date, lol. I know I won't win this competition as my FZ1 is ridden primarily for pleasure on the weekends as I carpool to work most days, but it will be fun to track how many miles I cover this year.

OK - I will jump in.
Have to wait until the AM to post a pic of my odometer. LOL I wish that I would have found this thread when it started. LOL I have put on over 500 miles since Dec 31!! :) :wilynily:

Oh that's ok, I laughed at it and knew you we're just having a friendly dig :D It's all good here! That's one of the things I love about these forums, everyone is friendly and the jabs are always in jest.

Well, in that case, I'm switching my odometer to km so the numbers will add up faster (maybe I should start with miles and end with km... :sinister:) I still wouldn't stand a chance, but cheating is ALWAYS an option! :disturbed :jk:

I'll have to get my pic tomorrow (or later). It's way too cold to go snap a pic tonight. I'm not adding any miles for a while anyway. If my phone puts a time/date stamp on the photo (in the correct format) is that good enough?

I'd like to visit Australia one day.... even if everything is backwards :nana: Here is the mileage on my FZ1 (purchased in July 2010) as of today. I used my cell phone to take the picture, so don't mind the background on my fiance's phone that I used to show the date, lol. I know I won't win this competition as my FZ1 is ridden primarily for pleasure on the weekends as I carpool to work most days, but it will be fun to track how many miles I cover this year.

Awww, pretty flowers :D :gagged:
Hey your mileage is almost the same as mine!
3432km's = 2145mi (my bike)
3412.8km's = 2133mi (your bike)

LMAO - I couldn't find my digital camera so I had to improvise with my cell phone.

IMAG0057.jpg

WOW - Some of you guys put some serious miles on your bike!!

Back