2014 Mustang

Was there supposed to be a link?

I found this: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130212/carnews/130219943 For the 2015 and it is a little too "Focus" and not enough Mustang.

This picture looks good though.

oldschool-albums-backroad-playthings-picture3990-2015-ford-mustang-rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion.jpg

Last edited:
I like the fastback style but they made everything less muscular on the 2015. I'll pass. They need to beef up the wheel wells and make the hood beefier.

I like the fastback style but they made everything less muscular on the 2015. I'll pass. They need to beef up the wheel wells and make the hood beefier.

I agree, that would make it look more modern while aggressive.

For a time I thought the 70's style was going to come back in a bit, but everything just looked 'plastic' - because it is

Supercharger

Put a nice spoiler on it and a blower in the hood and it may move a little.

Yes Superchargers are fun! I much prefer the feel and sound of a supercharger vs turbo charging although the new gen turbos are amazing.

I love the sound my little Eaton supercharger makes when I wind it up.

As far as the google search of pictures, 2014 vs 2015, there are so many variations as to what the skin of the 2015 might look like. The article that I linked is very much a concept, just look at the mirrors. Remember the concept Camaro from transformers? The real thing was closer than I thought it would be but still more conservative in it's realization. I suspect the Mustang will be as well; "platform" vs "skin" are two very diferent things and too much of a departure may harm sales from a very loyal demographic. Ford seems to be smarter than that, although that said they seem to be developing a more across the board distinctive "Ford" look in recent years. The 2015 concept pictures are in keeping with that.

Last edited:
The Mustang's interiors are always a letdown with far too much hard plastic and cheap switchgear and gauges, that's the American style. Just looking at the Ford.com pictures indicates this trend may continue, but you never know until you slide behind the wheel and behold the experience.

I've always liked Mustangs and I do quite like this new design as well. The problem is, these, and every other American car since the 70s always looks really cool for the first couple years but quickly gets stale and looks dated. The outgoing Mustang looks this way and the one previous to it looks terrible these days.

I'm pretty pleased with what Ford has managed to do post-recession. Their cars are better than ever and they do a range of good stuff. That ecoboost 3 cylinder is very cool and the recent hot Mustang with 600+ hp is very impressive as well.

Looking at that gallery it confirms what I said about concept vs. production in so far as being more conservative in making changes. Great picture gallery for sure!

Oops, I should have titled this 2015 Mustang. Sorry.

Any idea it the rear suspension will be finally independent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oops, I should have titled this 2015 Mustang. Sorry.

Any idea it the rear suspension will be finally independent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It will indeed be have IRS. FINALLY! I think its a home run, I like the more aggressive hood scoop though. I'm also glad they decided to give it a fresh look instead of going retro again. My problem is by the time this car comes out a slightly used Stingray will be in the same price range.

2015 Ford Mustang GT [w/videos] - Autoblog

Back