2014 Mustang

Yep

Oops, I should have titled this 2015 Mustang. Sorry.

Any idea it the rear suspension will be finally independent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yep, According to that link you added. It was under "performance, read more"

Exhilarating driving dynamics
The thrill you get behind the wheel of a Mustang is a given. But now you can thank a fully independent rear suspension for that rush. This design change not only improves body roll, but also isolates road imperfections for a better feel.

Last edited:
I'd like to give one a go... maybe own one if I like it. Ford is the only American company I'd own with. Been burned with too many GM products. Dodge is no longer owned by Americans.... I'm still a Toyota man thru and thru though but that new 'Stang could be a great mid-life crisis gift.

I have a question. Would it be too far fetched for the Auto manufacturers to take the top selling models from 66' thru 70' and remake the exact car again, only with bodies that won't rust out and motors that will easily give you 200K miles? Not remakes, but the exact tooling from those models with updated suspension, brakes and chassis'. Maybe I'm just being selfish but I'd bet they would sell like hotcakes. I mean, wouldn't people young and old run out to buy a 69' Camaro, 69' Mustang Fastback, 66' GTO, 70' Chevelle, exactly as they came off the assembly line, only with all new everything else below the bodywork???

The new car looks great! They fixed some things that were no quite the best on the previous.
It still is recognizable as a Mustang - but modernized.
It's a great looking car! Ford did good...

I have a question. Would it be too far fetched for the Auto manufacturers to take the top selling models from 66' thru 70' and remake the exact car again, only with bodies that won't rust out and motors that will easily give you 200K miles? Not remakes, but the exact tooling from those models with updated suspension, brakes and chassis'. Maybe I'm just being selfish but I'd bet they would sell like hotcakes. I mean, wouldn't people young and old run out to buy a 69' Camaro, 69' Mustang Fastback, 66' GTO, 70' Chevelle, exactly as they came off the assembly line, only with all new everything else below the bodywork???

Impossible with today's regulations I'm afraid. The cars of yesteryear were death traps by today's standards and you can't just Retrofit air bags and call it a day

Those with deep pockets can update classics with modern bits but you better have cavernous pockets indeed :)

Or a Mustang with an Aston Marten body kit. :angel:

I'm mixed on it. I think it is much better looking than the drooped eyed model it is replacing. I just hope the build quality it better.

I had rented an '05 for a week back in '05 and didn't care for it. For as large of a car it is there is limited interior space, acres of plastic, and the V6 would hunt for gears all the time. It was also very loud inside, lots of tire noise.

For the '15 I find the 2.2 EcoBoost to be an odd power plant for such a large/heavy car. I suppose that move keeps their overall fleet MPG numbers down.

Time will tell.

Back