2014 Yamaha Street Lineup

Hate it, I hate white anything. I had one white car and hated it.

I can't stand any of the color schemes this year. The only thing that is close is the R1 in gray, but the gold forks and gold wheels are stupid.

The Fz-09 with that magic blue color they have going on and again gold forks just annoys me.

I wish Yamaha would stop trying to shove the gold forks down our throats in the US.

I want an all black bike with some silver accents, black wheels and black or silver forks. Oh wait, I have that bike, well almost, I have the granite gray '09.

No offense to anyone who loves the white, good for you, this is your year, same with the forks, if you like gold you're lucky.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Ninja 1000 and I rode it at Bike Week. Pulled a power wheelie accelerating hard and didn't even mean to, just gave the same throttle input as the Fz1.

One thing I just noticed after clicking the link in the OP is that your bikes only have 1 year warranty.
That sux, it's 2 years warranty here in Australia.

I really want that FJR ES with the electronic suspension. Red is nice. I like it better than the champagne color of 2013. Blue would be my choice. Maybe 2015.

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

I haven't checked out the 2014 Ninja 1000 yet. That does blow the FZ1 out of the water. :surrender:

GetScaledImage.aspx

Still a very ugly exhaust, if you ask me.

I haven't checked out the 2014 Ninja 1000 yet. That does blow the FZ1 out of the water. :surrender:

GetScaledImage.aspx

Still a very ugly exhaust, if you ask me.

The exhaust sucks for foot position as well. I have size 14 shoes and I could not get a single comfortable position on the Ninja1000 for my feet. If I remember correctly it was on both sides. If the ball of my foot was on the peg, then the my whole heel was rubbing on the exhaust.

One thing I just noticed after clicking the link in the OP is that your bikes only have 1 year warranty.
That sux, it's 2 years warranty here in Australia.

Don't worry, you are paying for that extra year of warranty in the price of the new bike in Australia. Nothing is free even though politicians want us to believe that nonsense. We pay for everything.

That aside, this is the NINTH year of the Gen II.....it is completely out of date at this point.

Last edited:
Don't worry, you are paying for that extra year of warranty in the price of the new bike in Australia. Nothing is free even though politicians want us to believe that nonsense. We pay for everything.

That aside, this is the NINTH year of the Gen II.....it is completely out of date at this point.

Ouch.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I didn't like the bike, but surprised FZ8 is red-lined for 2014, but replaced with FZ-09 three-cylinder.

How does FZ-09 stack up against Triumph Street Triple? ...Seems to be aiming for that market.

The fz1 is only out of date if ya want rider aids, other than that its just as good as its rivals looks a hell of alot better than its rivals especially the z1000.

Already talked to my dealer. I plan on having a 2014 FJR next year for my road trips!!!! :thewave:

Having clocked close to 90K on my 04 before Bambi tried to mate with it I can attest to the fact you will love clocking off the big miles on the FJR. 85 is a real sweet spot on the Feejeer and nothing better than 20 minutes 5th gear 7k in Nevada(I can't drive 55!)

Having clocked close to 90K on my 04 before Bambi tried to mate with it I can attest to the fact you will love clocking off the big miles on the FJR. 85 is a real sweet spot on the Feejeer and nothing better than 20 minutes 5th gear 7k in Nevada(I can't drive 55!)

Yes sir!! I had an 08 Feejer!! Loved it and with these updates from the 08 I can only imagine!! :deal:

Me and the ex wife down at deals gap in 2008.

Back