2015 FZ1 Released

Does not surprise me, the Fz1 will be remaining as it is until all parts are used up. I am sure Yamaha will expand on the triple and not bring a new liter bike like the Fz1 soon. It just does not sell as good as the fz9 and it is always cheaper to reuse components from other models.
The power naked marked is anyway saturated so it is clever by yamaha to do something different like the fz9 and its success proves this strategy is right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Does not surprise me, the Fz1 will be remaining as it is until all parts are used up. I am sure Yamaha will expand on the triple and not bring a new liter bike like the Fz1 soon. It just does not sell as good as the fz9 and it is always cheaper to reuse components from other models.
The power naked marked is anyway saturated so it is clever by yamaha to do something different like the fz9 and its success proves this strategy is right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed. While it resonates with us enthusiasts, its not a big seller.

Wow looks like they sure spent a long time thinking on the redesign.
"Let's just take the exact same bike that we've had for the past 8 years and make it all black!"

Yeah, I guess Yamaha wants to do the same as Mercedes in Europe and run the model for 10 years or more.

"For 2020 Yamaha introduces a rainbow colour scheme for its FZ1 along with a host of upgrades. Enjoy the open road more than ever with all new hand grips, longer 10" footpeg feelers and ECU tweaks for class leading throttle response"

Last edited:
The continuation of the FZ1 is not totally related to how many spare engines, frames, tanks, etc that they have in stock, it is essentially based on whether they can make and sell enough of these units worldwide to make money. The tooling for this model has long been amortized and nothing changes on it year to year....so it has enough strength to continue on. You almost never see an FZ1 in any dealer's stock these days, so they must be down to a trickle of sales in the US. I'm not sure how strong FZ1 sales are outside of America, perhaps they have some stronger markets that enable the model to keep going.

With the introduction of a new R1, the Fz09, YZF-R3, FJ-09, and the likes. The Fz1 is a dinosaur. However the all black paint scheme gets me excited. Black makes everything better and faster.

I'm surprised it was released, after talking to the Yamaha guys at the MotoGP, they weren't expecting it. They did have the new R3 there and Suzuki had their new naked 1L bike which looked nice, even if 10 years too late.

Back