2017 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

All classes - Crash fest. I haven't seen so many highsides in a race weekend for years!

It's a shame the Rossi fans still booed Marquez even when Rossi wasn't at the track. I won't miss that when they all disappear upon his retirement.

I think highside was the word of the day!

A tense and exciting MotoGP although perhaps a little low on action and speed. Marquez went for it rather than settling for second and still managed to take a measured, mature approach. Exactly tied for the lead in the championship and everybody but Vinales seems to be out of the picture now.

Can't wait for Aragon

Cheers to Rossi!!! That man has a true love for racing and will give everything he has no matter what.

I have seen so many idiotic people online blasting him for not letting Van Der Mark have the ride this weekend. Why should he? It is HIS ride for cripes sake!

Everyone had to know that if there was anyway that Rossi could get himself on that bike he was going to do it. He has a passion for racing whether it is on the M1, dirt trackers or Rally Cars. He puts his whole effort into whatever he does.

Great showing by Rossi today. I can only imagine that he is one sore mofo right now and glad that the next round is 3 weeks away. LOL

It was a good race today. Great to see more bikes running a little tighter together.

Moto 3 13 lap dash - What a last lap from Mir, people bitching about him weaving to break the tow..... that is legal in bike racing, it is not F1, funny the guy complaining did exactly the same thing 2 laps before!

Moto 2 - Morbidelli last lap overtake through the reverse corkscrew WOW. That guy deserved that win!

MotoGP - Great race, Marquez again pushing the limits to take the win, Pedrosa just needed another lap or two, image if he had got past Vinnialez a few laps earlier. And well done to Jorge for getting back on the podium. Rossi pulling off a 5th place was impressive. And Aprilia's best result yet.

I have yet to watch Moto3 or Moto2 but that MotoGP was something special. I am admittedly a little bit bummed that Lorenzo didn't manage to hold on to the win but watching Marquez riding at the limit was absolutely incredible. That guy is magic. I am in awe of Rossi, from qualifying on 3rd and finishing the race in 5th -- what a guy.

Mir was pinged 6 grid places in Motegi for "excessive weaving" down the back straight. He holds his 1st place finish though. I don't think 6 grid places will affect him much. He hangs back until the last 6 laps anyway!

Motegi weekend! Watching FP1 at the moment. Looks wet all weekend.

Jonas Folger has had to withdraw from race due to 'Epstein Barr virus'. I guess this virus can lead to mono. Apparently he may not even be back for Australia. He has been suffering from fatigue and weakness since the summer break and this virus would explain it. It would also explain why he suddenly stopped performing so strongly after the summer break. Boo... :(

Crazy qualifying! Both KTM riders into Q2 and Rossi trying slicks and getting nowhere. Incredible that Marc went out and made a pole lap on wet tires despite two huge saves. He came in for slicks then abandoned the idea with no time left to go back out on wets.

Moto 3 and Moto 2 were relatively ho hum races. MotoGP was by far the most exciting! 2 days left of work, then off to the Island to watch them from the top of Siberia. I'll be taking my wet weather gear as always....

Why did Rossi not re-mount? His bike was still running when he was sitting on his ass in the gravel, the Stewards started picking it up as he was walking away, then he ran back and turned it off? Why not remount???

Hope the racing this coming weekend lives up to the rest of the season's so far!

Back