2017 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I watched 2 and 3 last night. Pretty dull at the start but I can hardly blame them for that one. The last few laps were quite exciting, especially watching that Syahrin catching the front 3 hand over fist out of nowhere.

All the championships are still undecided at this point -- even Mir hasn't managed to tie a bow on it yet. Incredible.

Broc Parkes in for Folger at PI. You Aussies will have a local to cheer for. Hope he does well!

We will have 3 possibly 4

Moto 3 - Possibly Tom Toparis - wildcard
Moto 2 - Remmy Gardner
Moto GP - Jack and Brock.

I really hope if it is wet the organisers drop bark chips over the mud like they used to, last year was terrible walking through 2" mud everywhere and it was bad watching families try to push prams with little kids through it. I know they got a lot of complaints about that.

Really hoping the championships stay alive to the last round for all classes. I like a bit of suspense!

Another awesome MotoGP race. It was like watching Moto 3.
The Championship points from 1st to 2nd have opened up a bit after a Ducati disaster but there are still 2 races to go and Marquez can throw the bike down the road on occasion.

What a weekend!! Got rained on a few times. But the racing was well worth it. On our way home now. All 3 races were aaesome. KTM had a good weekend. Mir got his championship and motgp was a cracking race!

Probably one of the most exciting GP races to date, could only of been topped if Dovi was up front to challenge Marquez... That really made me sad. Sadly it is Marquez's season to lose now... he hardly has to try to stay ahead of Dovi in the points race the next 2 rounds...

If Rossi had not broke his leg..... sheesh. This could of been a very interesting end to the season.

That was a tense race. Dovi showed great patience and racecraft and the championship is wide open again.

I have to admit that I was a bit bummed about Lorenzo not getting his first win but he tried his best and did well not to crash out after that enormous slide at the final turn. Dovi got it fair and square, even setting the fastest lap of the race. Map 8 not required!

Last edited:
I also wanted Jorge to get up as I can't see Dovi winning this championship now. After last weekend's race, this was very tame to watch! Moto 3 Was again impressive (Mir first person this year to win from Pole position in Moto 3) and KTM have hit their stride in Moto 2. Morbidelli won the championship due to Luthi's injury and unable to race. Now the wait for Valencia in a couple of weeks time.....

Marc just needs to hope Iannone and Zarco aren't at the front chasing glory for the last time this year, they are likely to shunt him off track!!

I personally don't mind who wins, it has been a great season to watch and both are worthy! If Marquez hadn't had the engine let go on him, he would already be champion, but hey, that is racing.

Maybe a little... ;) I kind of get it

Keep in mind, even if Marc crashes out, Dovi would need to win the race. Second would not be enough.

I am fine with that. Dovi has to get first no matter what.

Marc just needs to hope Iannone and Zarco aren't at the front chasing glory for the last time this year, they are likely to shunt him off track!!

I personally don't mind who wins, it has been a great season to watch and both are worthy! If Marquez hadn't had the engine let go on him, he would already be champion, but hey, that is racing.

Same could be said of Rossi last year.

Also the year before if Marquez had not taken great pains to cause all that on-track drama near the end of a season he could not win....

but hey, that is racing.....

What an exciting end to the season.
Marquez saves another low side with his knee and elbow.
Lorenzo refuses to use Map No.8 team instructions or obey his pit board but Dovi just wasn't fast enough either way.
Marquez finished 3rd and both Ducatis crashed so it didn't really matter.
I was hoping for Zarco to get his first win but it will have to wait until next year.

What an exciting end to the season.
Marquez saves another low side with his knee and elbow.
Lorenzo refuses to use Map No.8 team instructions or obey his pit board but Dovi just wasn't fast enough either way.
Marquez finished 3rd and both Ducatis crashed so it didn't really matter.
I was hoping for Zarco to get his first win but it will have to wait until next year.

I couldn't believe they were giving Jorge that message, What for, Dove was never going to catch the top 2 and if he did he was still not going to win with Marquez right there. I thought that was poor form on Ducati's part so blatantly calling orders when there was no need.

Marquez save WOW! I love to see a true racer race and put it on the line. Pedrosa is a smart rider and deserved that win. Zarco once again so close but not close enough. He is learning every race and he will definitely be there again next year as long as Yamaha give him a competitive bike. They will be crazy not to after this year. If Rossi decides to stay on, Maverick better be careful or he may lose his seat on the factory bike. I hope Rossi gives it away and Maveric and Zarco ride the factory Yamahas. It will be interesting to see how the test goes for Yamaha in Sepang coming up.

Miller had a good ride to 7th and The Suzuki boys did well too. Rossi again losing out to a satelite bike, and Vinales out of the top 10, Yamaha engineers have some explaining and work to do. Maybe they and Rossi should retire and get some new blood in there along the lines of what Ducati have done.

Moto3.... Mir.... WOW from 3rd to 19th to second, that guy can ride.

Moto 2 - Oliviera and Binder had great rides and the Champ Morbidelli had a smart ride to second. It will be interesting to see how he goes in MotoGP next year. Moto 2 next year will be interesting with KTM proving they are a competitive package with the last 3 wins. And with Mir coming up, I think Moto 2 will be awesome to watch next year.

Back