Ais

I was going to buy the plates from somewhere... but then decided this is a simple fix. Cut the inlets off, clean and fill with JB Weld, file down flat. Done! Cost? $3.95 for JB Weld.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also followed this method, but I added a penny to cover the holes.

Well I got the JB weld today, they have a fast acting JB these days. 4-6 hrs and ready, I oppeted for the old 24 hr stuff. Now it looks like the weather is going to snap into shape so May not get this done for a few more weeks.

Now we are talking, All Great ways to stop the popping. And get that crap out of the way if needed, Thanks Guys.

So as far as the air box mod and hi flo air filter would I need a PC ?

I got a lot of popping after blocking the ais and a kn filter and leo vince exhaust (only muffler). I added a pcV and added some fuel in the zero row (2) and most of the popping is gone, only rarely occurs when there is fast temperature or altitude changes.

I know of others which did not have it in such a severe way, I guess the after market exhaust type plays a role. Ah I have the CA version so it might be a bit leaner to comply with emission?

OK guys, help me with this. The AIS draws it's fresh air from the airbox via a rubber tube. If this tube is blocked, the AIS cannot draw in fresh air and there should be no popping from the exhaust.

In my case, I opened the airbox and used an old CamelBak bite nipple filled with silcone to block the AIS air intake. Zero popping since I did this a couple years ago. I just got some block-off plates that I will install when I do the valve check soon.

OK guys, help me with this. The AIS draws it's fresh air from the airbox via a rubber tube. If this tube is blocked, the AIS cannot draw in fresh air and there should be no popping from the exhaust.

In my case, I opened the airbox and used an old CamelBak bite nipple filled with silcone to block the AIS air intake. Zero popping since I did this a couple years ago. I just got some block-off plates that I will install when I do the valve check soon.

That is about the gist of it. Same thing I did. Did not remove anything, just unplugged the solenoid on the 8 and then plugged the airbox hole/tube.

The block off plates are to make more room for spark plug changes and valve adjustment, you do not need them to stop the ais, I did it when I did the valve adjustment, air filter change and all that. :+2:

The block off plates are to make more room for spark plug changes and valve adjustment, you do not need them to stop the ais, I did it when I did the valve adjustment, air filter change and all that. :+2:

:ditto:

I only did it for ease of maintenance and I concur... the plates are not necessary and blocking at the airbox achieves the same result. :tup:

Only a small spray from the pressure line. Wrap a cloth around it when you pop it off. Pay attention to where the white and green plugs go. ;)

Thanks for tip,

What a Jobby that was getting this stuff off. In limbo now,till tomorrow.
005_zps2b170aea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Out with the old.

006_zps44ca93f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
This was a jobby for sure. Glad I have this lift, my duddy had no room for so I've had it for a few years.

002_zps4490ca1c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The reasembly was very fast even in tight working space.

003_zps81e6dbdb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It sounds Great with out that Pop Pop Pop Jazz. I added some RVT in the air bock hole where the plastic bolt is added to block off incoming air. Any ways, thanks to all for the help.

I just bought a 3 pack of rubber caps from an auto parts store. That will cover both intakes and the hole on the airbox. And I just covered the connector with electrical tape and tucked it back so it wasnt dangling

I did it this way. Works fine and sounds much better than before. :) That popping drove me nuts. Also stuck the silencer in my Yoshi pipe, so I'm not deaf every time I ride anymore.

I can't ride with out ear plugs, still have the noise reducer thing in mine, should take it out and see what differance it makes if any. I was just going to do the hose plug but didn't have the right size dowl so went for full meal deal :thewave:

Rode in today, what a nice sounding bike now with out that Pop Jaz.

I can't ride with out ear plugs, still have the noise reducer thing in mine, should take it out and see what differance it makes if any. I was just going to do the hose plug but didn't have the right size dowl so went for full meal deal :thewave:

Rode in today, what a nice sounding bike now with out that Pop Jaz.

It's SO much louder with the silencer out.

Back