alpinestars smx5's

S

stormsmack

ok guys ive bought a pair of the boots listed above. havent ridden w them yet but they seem to be high quality that you would expect from alpinestars. I'll keep ya'll posted on the comfort and and practicality. i read a write up about them in this months Motorcyclist.

Depends what your definition of cold is. Cold is Texas is probably different than cold in BC. Dry days, I typically will wear them up until the temperature drops around 55F, then I pull out my rain boots which I wear for the rest of the year up until spring

so far so good, im getting ready to take a trip to the coast so I'll report on the comfort level afterwards.

These boots have been on my short list for a while but now I'm thinking about S-MX 2 boots. I know Alpinestars makes a quality product so either way I'm sure to be happy.

when i had my accident, i did something to the inside of both my shins cuz they were both really swollen and we thot that both my lower extremities were broken. they werent but i will always have some swelling there due to soft tissue damage. had i been wearing boots the provided protection of the lower legs, i wouldnt have had this damage. the short boots are cool, but im dressing for the crash!

Are they the Web Goretex?

alpinestars-boots-web-gore-tex-boots_1.jpg

If so, how are they? I've been really wanting to get these as they were the most comfortable boot I've ever put on my foot and I really need a quality gore-tex boot. I keep buying the cheaper brands and they only last me a year before they're totally trashed.

'cheaper brands' meaning Joe Rocket, Gaerne and now TCX... all of which I think have been a bit of a let down

I have them too and really couldn't get them to fit right. I enjoy using a good pair of combat boots leather+gortex and fit awsome wouldn't think of wearing anything else. Unless someone can give me a good reason :tup:

I have them too and really couldn't get them to fit right. I enjoy using a good pair of combat boots leather+gortex and fit awsome wouldn't think of wearing anything else. Unless someone can give me a good reason :tup:

Well I figure that the whole purpose of wearing riding boots is not really about protecting yourself from road rash as much as it is protecting all those tiny little bones in your feet. I imagine the combat boots would work well to protect from rash but I don't know about saving your feet, ankles and etc

They've saved my feet in a layover and jumped off the cargo ramps of planes almost daily. I figured they where made to protect all those little bones and ankles being as high and support as they are. Just my thoughts and they are way cheaper for me lol.

Smx-5

Dustin,

Your pic is not the SMX-5. Alpinestars makes the SMX-5 and the Web GoreTex, not the same boots. SMX-5 is more of a poor man's track/sport boot. I have their equivalent from 8 years ago and they have served well. As to cold capabilities, I have worn them in freezing weather but not really extreme, and never had cold feet. Don't burn up with them in the summer either.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-S-MX-Boots-Euro-Black/dp/B001GAAWII]Amazon.com: Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boots - 9.5 US / 44 Euro/Black: Automotive[/ame]

Dustin to elaborate a little more. I have about 8000 miles of riding on mine. With temps in the 20's my feet stay warm or a least I don't ever think, Jezz my feet are cold. They will make your feet stink in the summer, they don't breath well for temps in the mid 80's and up. Really comfy.

They've saved my feet in a layover and jumped off the cargo ramps of planes almost daily. I figured they where made to protect all those little bones and ankles being as high and support as they are. Just my thoughts and they are way cheaper for me lol.

well i was wear duty boots when i went down, and they didnt protect my legs. there's a lot more protection of the ankle and the shin. you need to try them on and see where the protection is. and they are not a poor mans race/street boot. they are a quality boot that moderately priced. now quit jackin my thread! lol :flip:

well i was wear duty boots when i went down, and they didnt protect my legs. there's a lot more protection of the ankle and the shin. you need to try them on and see where the protection is. and they are not a poor mans race/street boot. they are a quality boot that moderately priced. now quit jackin my thread! lol :flip:

Thanks for the insight and I've tried the Alpines out and couldn't get them to fit decent. The other protection I wear is riding pants with armor and I'll quit jacking your thread lol :surrender:

just giving ya a hard time. ride w what makes you feel comfortable bro. these astars are the first motorcycle boot that ive ridden w. i have always worn duty boots, but i finally caved to pressure and bought some. i dont regret it, they are comfy, a little hard to get on over my calves but ventilated and i can walk in em.

Back