American Airline virus

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
So, AA sends an email with confirmation details of a flight asking to download your ticket.

We were on the road when my wife was graced with this email and I told her not to open it. She listened until she got home and proceeded to get on her desktop and try to open the email.

Calls to the bank to inquire, nada. Online search confirmed my original suspicions, but now trying to do damage control (Brad/Eric/Tony/????)

http://www.pcproblemfix.com/how-to-...e-mail-virus-completely-step-by-step-removal/

Is a manual way to remove. I've searched the registry with the first steps and did not find any of the files in those locations.

I'm not sure on the second part if just doing a keyword search brings up the files or is there another method to search for the file(s).

Microsoft SE found references, around the timeframe she opened them and the action taken says 'removed'.

I should also mention that she does not have any programs capable of reading .zip files, and the above worring is for naught?

Also, would such a virus have access to other users on the computer without logging into there account? I'm the one who does most online things that could potentially have access to personal information (bank/online bills/etc) I sometimes use her computer when it is on for the HP takes forever to initially boot up, but that is for another time.....

Nutshell, right path or? ????

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Saw that one first hand at work the other day. My buddy found that email on his I-Phone and was worried that someone had purchased tickets using his credit card which had happened for real a couple of month prior. He let me see the mail before he opened it and it looked fishy to me. I asked him to sign on to the PC and we checked it and sure enough Essentials immediately found the virus.

Well I have not seen this virus yet, but then again I wouldn't open anything like that.

If MSE is saying "removed" then it sounds like it got it and that's why you can't find it.

Not sure what OS you have on that desktop, but if it's Vista or Win 7 they can open zip files w/o having any additional software installed. There are even self-extracting zip files...

Sounds like you got lucky this time Adam...

Only because I jumped on it asap.

I too do not click on anything suspicious. I'm just going to remove myself from the computer, and let them have at it, while making sure anything of important nature is done on MY computer.

The whole reason she bit was because we just finalized a family vacation.....

It is a gateway desktop running slow arse Vista Home 32 bit.

Only because I jumped on it asap.

I too do not click on anything suspicious. I'm just going to remove myself from the computer, and let them have at it, while making sure anything of important nature is done on MY computer.

The whole reason she bit was because we just finalized a family vacation.....

It is a gateway desktop running slow arse Vista Home 32 bit.

Good idea about using your own computer. Nobody else touches my laptop, especially my kids. I don't want to worry about anything like this every time I go do my online banking...

"Safe" is a subjective term. At my office, for instance, we never remove a virus. We wipe the system and reimage. You never truly know what a virus has done to a system and, due the the confidential nature of correspondence and documents at our firm, any system that has had a virus is considered to be compromized.

Now, that being said, I do not show the same level of concern at home. It depends on what my research turns up about a virus. What I can tell you is that no one, NO ONE, knows better how to get the tendrils of malicious software code out of their own systems than Microsoft.

Back