another biker down

Just got back from cruising the backroads all around my area AND came upon a bunch of cars just stopping as i am sitting firetrucks EMTs and whatnot roll up I decide to walk up and see what is going on.I walk about 300 yards where there are just starting to work on a guy by the road then I notice a deer about 100 yards further up then I notice the bike another 200 yards up in pieces all over someones front yard.The guy did not appear to have any gear on and blood all over the road.i had to stop anfd get my composure for a couple minutes cause i am usually doing around 100 in that stretch just makes ya think.I dont know how bad the guy was but there was a peanut helmet by the bike which I assume came out of his hard tail or hard bags It was a full dress Harley and he must have been moving as well for the deer to have been thrown that far.ATGATT guys just makes me feel all the safer wearing my heavy leather jacket and helmet

It's one thing to read about something and it is quite another to see it in person. I bet you won't forget that scene for a while. It pays dividends to wear your gear.

Glad it wasn't you! Sorry he had this happen though... we have a lot of deer in this area and it's a constant watch for them. I've had them run out of the woods in the daytime when typically they only move at night here. Hope the guy will live to ride another day.

It's one thing to read about something and it is quite another to see it in person. I bet you won't forget that scene for a while. It pays dividends to wear your gear.

Ditto on that. I have a vivid memory of ....well, a gory accident I saw up close.
I've always been one to cover-up, but this event reminds me to always be vigilant and pay attention. Statistics just aren't on our side so we have to do things to improve the odds. Lets be safe out there.

Glad it wasn't you!!!
I drove up on a car wreck when I was 16 and let's just say there was no question the guy was dead. That really makes an impact on you.
However, The flip side is that you never know when it's your time to go. We routinely push the boundaries of life/death/injury by riding our motorcycles and then someone dies when he is catching a foul ball at a Ranger's game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivl3KbYvaBM]‪Fan Killed Trying To Catch Foul Ball - Texas Rangers - July 7, 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This guy lived in Brownwood (same town I live in). You can never tell when it's your time but you sure can take steps to improve your odds.

Drive fast and drive safe :tup:

Here in TX we have a severe drought going on, yet yesterday I saw a deer crossing a road in town at noon time, very odd for they are usually pretty quiet at that time of day and in that location. Wildlife are struggling for survival here due to lack of water, which means they can be unpredictable at any time. RIDE SAFE and expect the unexpected.

all the wildlife has been quite active around here at strange times of the day.I have seen more dead deer this season than any other time my whole life

all the wildlife has been quite active around here at strange times of the day.I have seen more dead deer this season than any other time my whole life

This is true here as well. Saw one cross the road the other day at around 5pm which is nuts. I normally don't see them till night time.

Things are getting weird.

Here in TX we have a severe drought going on, yet yesterday I saw a deer crossing a road in town at noon time, very odd for they are usually pretty quiet at that time of day and in that location. Wildlife are struggling for survival here due to lack of water, which means they can be unpredictable at any time. RIDE SAFE and expect the unexpected.

Hey Evitzee,
Not to hijack the thread but where do you live?
Several of us meet each year and do a drive through the Hillcountry.
Here are 2 threads that explain it. You should come ride with us :D

This was the most recent:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/10261-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-11-a.html

Here is next year:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/11026-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-12-a.html

OK - Amevl - sorry to change the subject so I will steer this thing back to where it should be.
I agree. I have been seeing deer crossing the road in the middle of the 105* heat. That is very unusual. Normally they are bedded down and out of sight. This has cut down my driving on several back roads for fear of slamming into a deer or other wildlife.

This was around 4pm today not to mention another motorcyclist got rearended on Intersate 81 today and was killed rider was 63,18 year old girl hit him,last weekend another couple hit a deer on another road I ride guy was killed gettin a little crazy out there

About 8 years ago I was rock climbing in Mexico with a my friend Dane from San Antonio. I was leading a real sketchy run out ( no gear for protection) route. When I expressed the displeasure for the position I had put myself into, Dane with his thick Texas draw simple said "Johnny you didn't get into rock climbing because you thought it was safe, did you brotha? Now shut up and finish the climb."

Back