Anyone done these mods ?

OP - Keep in mind it's winter time, and two weeks from Christmas, all motorcycle forums are slow right now. Come Spring every squid and their grandma will come out.

In the mean time let's see some photos or hear your impression of your tweaks.

I've done a few mods to my bike (read my sig for some, not all are listed as I ran out of room) and have posted dyno runs along the way, I don't have access to post them again (they're on my home PC), but you can find them on this forum.

Best mods in my opinion are shocks, wheels & tyres, PCV w/ pipe and air filter (don't worry about modding the box, no point), then ergonomics to get the bike to suit you (bars rearsets etc). I personally found little difference in the ECU flash. I had the bike dynotuned before the flash and again after, their was improvement, but not as much as I'd expected. A good tuner will get your bike running smooth and nice without an ECU flash, but it does release some grunt in the lower gears.

There are also comparison Dyno runs (same day, same dyno) from Blanchy and Ballmead if you want to have a look at them as well to compare different mods.

Welcome aboard.

I did read it from the beginning and it was you, in post #8, who started the BS.

I do have all the mods and run Stage IV and yes, I have Ivan's flash. Perhaps if you'd simply searched, you'd have found many threads where those of us who have this setup have posted the pros and cons of each? As for acting like dicks, perhaps you need to find a mirror... No one here can act as well as you have in the short time you've been a member.

Perhaps you'd like to start over and show a little respect?

Hahaha. This is by far the most sissy-filled forum I've found yet. Do you people get beat-up in real life ? How do you survive in the real world if you think I am being a dick here ? The riding community I know would eat you guys for breakfast and I think they are a bunch of weak pricks. Sorry for bothering.

I'm sure we will all have trouble sleeping tonight crying on our pillows.

wow......this thread was certainly "interesting".
Honestly, I didn't think he'd be here very long anyway.

Did his post get deleted when he was banned?

wow......this thread was certainly "interesting".
Honestly, I didn't think he'd be here very long anyway.

Did his post get deleted when he was banned?

They did. I used the new Spam utility Dennis put in and didn't realize it was deleting the posts until it was too late. There is an option to not delete them but I was a bit to hasty.

The important thing is the guy is no longer here to bother this fine community going forward.

Are you just spreading FUD, Jared? It sounds like Vcyclenut is using the same software as your boi, though I suspect he's using the canned flash that came with the software, whereas, if I understand correctly, 2wheeldynoworks has a dyno and has put some effort into improving the canned tune...

you're basically correct (nels doesn't build off the canned tune from flashtune, he usually starts from scratch using their software). software is software, it's just in the final product delivered by said software, has quite different results.

vcycle does his own tweaking, yes, it is an improvement over stock, it's just not optimized. you get what you pay for.

Anyone interested in an ECU flash made with commercially available software should read this:

Flash Tune Results - FZ1OA Message Board

I would never use this product or have my name associated with it as there are too many mistakes in it's function... I have had to reprogram a few ECU's that were flashed by this product because the bike would not run, or run properly afterwards.

"Software is not software" as the "Spin Doctor" puts it..... :)
Software & definitions with improper calculations makes mistakes and causes grief.... a lot of it for some.

All of the files (ECU Binary files) that are used in these software products are altered so that they will only work in the software owners software... This is how they can control what everyone can do with it.

Disabling the ECU's self diagnosis is not the correct way to get rid of the EXUP trouble code... if there is a problem later, you'll never know it

I don't like being lumped in with the rest of the inferior product producers for this bike (as this is the reason for my response here)

Just because the software has a box that you check that says "Fuel cut disable/enable", it doesn't mean that it actually works. :)

I work with the files in their original unaltered state.... there aren't any mistakes..... ever.

Ivan

Last edited:
Back