Anyone else had an awesome ride today?

What a gorgeous awesome day.
Similar weather here in New England they're predicting low 80s next week. I've done the lay down thing. Nothin cool about it.

Your raised handle bars are in the right location to avoid contact with tank in a tip over. I know your pretty tall, but I'm wondering if having them higher would reduce leverage if you start to loose it............ although with no right leg under you leverage matters little.

If you spin through all the crashed tanks on the bay you'll see the same handle bar end dent in the majority of them. Glad you got out. I been riding most days unfortunately just 100 mile runs. I prefer twice that.

Similar weather here in New England they're predicting low 80s next week. I've done the lay down thing. Nothin cool about it.

Your raised handle bars are in the right location to avoid contact with tank in a tip over. I know your pretty tall, but I'm wondering if having them higher would reduce leverage if you start to loose it............ although with no right leg under you leverage matters little.

If you spin through all the crashed tanks on the bay you'll see the same handle bar end dent in the majority of them. Glad you got out. I been riding most days unfortunately just 100 mile runs. I prefer twice that.
Wow Isleoman, I wish I could still ride 100 miles. Since my back operation, most of my rides at best are 40, 60 miles. Summer is coming soon. Once it starts hitting around 90° with 75% humidity I'm done..Bike gets parked for about 6 weeks.

Re: riding in heat and humidity, I found a solution that makes a huge difference for me, especially on shorter rides. I will use my outdoor water hose on my head, shoulders, and chest right before I put my helmet and jacket on. I have a "mist" setting on the nozzle that is perfect for this. Keeps me VERY cool for the first 15-20 miles. By that time, I'm usually "into" the ride and the heat is bearable...

Re: riding in heat and humidity, I found a solution that makes a huge difference for me, especially on shorter rides. I will use my outdoor water hose on my head, shoulders, and chest right before I put my helmet and jacket on. I have a "mist" setting on the nozzle that is perfect for this. Keeps me VERY cool for the first 15-20 miles. By that time, I'm usually "into" the ride and the heat is bearable...
Armored mesh works for me to 95F after that it takes desperation i.e. a few days of no riding. I also try to pick shady routes on scorchers, which makes a difference.

Zipping my jacket down is all i need. I blame the 4 decades in washington for my behavior. I will never forget last summer riding to a friends house and my dash said 116.

When my commutes are uneventful I consider that awesome.

Was cloudy and in the upper 50s on the ride down to work this morning. Sunny now and in the upper 60s and should be a glorious ride home.

Those are the Michelin Pilot Road 4s. They have been updated to the 6s. I just keep getting the 4s cause they are still available and cheaper. I ride very smooth and don’t hammer it much. I was a crazy rider for yrs and yrs and just enjoy being smooth. Dirt bikes scratch that itch.

I do get good tracking all around. Not a track rider. But they handle what Ive thrown.
I've had two sets of PR4s and know have the PR6s on my bike now. I love them both. I like the turn in on the front PR6 better. But both last forever and would run either again!

Ripped into town to get some ultra black to seal up the slabby engine and a weeks worth of food ($160). Its 84 so i got a good sweat on. Every ride is an awesome ride when your on a fz1. 6th gear roll on always makes me smile.

Ripped into town to get some ultra black to seal up the slabby engine and a weeks worth of food ($160). Its 84 so i got a good sweat on. Every ride is an awesome ride when your on a fz1. 6th gear roll on always makes me smile.

Wow, $160 worth of food on a Gen 1?

Was that one or two steaks?

Got in about 160 miles yesterday with temps close to 60. Got my special warning from my Bridgestone rear tire on the way home. I can tell when I have less than 200 miles left when the rear tire slides a little under moderate braking. Time to change the donuts. Front tire is ready too.
Went back to this thread to see when I threw on my current Bridgestone T-32s. Looks like I mounted them around 20 Mar 24. So got three months out of them. Changing over to PR IV which will hopefully get me to Early Oct.

I got 7500 miles out of the Stones and they wore beautifully front and rear. Haven't run PRs in a few years. Time to start looking for the next set.

I've had two sets of PR4s and know have the PR6s on my bike now. I love them both. I like the turn in on the front PR6 better. But both last forever and would run either again!
Yeah the PR4's wear like stone. I agree that the PR6 make it feel like a different bike with the way they turn in . I was reluctant to change ,but I will never go back no matter how much cheaper I can find them. PR6 Two Thumbs up!!

Here in the NorthEast it's been HOT!! But took a nice ride to the shore to cool down a bit. Bike is running Great!

Attachments

• 20240621_192727.jpg
    20240621_192727.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 7
Here in the NorthEast it's been HOT!! But took a nice ride to the shore to cool down a bit. Bike is running Great!
I saw two 100 readings yesterday. As long as I was moving the mesh gear was not uncomfortable. Humdity was around 50%. I'm about 45 minutes to RI or NH beaches.

I saw two 100 readings yesterday. As long as I was moving the mesh gear was not uncomfortable. Humdity was around 50%. I'm about 45 minutes to RI or NH beaches.
Yeah ,
I wear a Vanson Mesh Jacket that I've had for 20 years and BMW Motard pants with pretty good zip open ventilation and vented gloves. It was close to 100 here too. by the ocean a cool 85.lol

My buddy just went down on his new $30000 Indian. Tee Shirt and Jeans. Lucky no broken bones but nice road burn all over his arms and knees and a totaled bike.I never go out no matter the weather without all my gear. Dress for the crash not for the ride . Lesson learned

Glad your friend survived......... hope he's learned.

I've got some Held perforated gloves with knuckle vents which help a lot in the heat.

I don't do it often but opened my vents on the Shoei helmet yesterday, funny how bugs can find those tiny openings at speed............. and survive to stumble around in your ear canal.

I've been doing short rides that I can wedge into a hectic schedule lately but finally got in a 200 mile "exploring" ride to check out a different area with "twisty" roads per roadcurvature dot com. Decent roads, but I may have to give them time. We had some high winds and even a tornado or two (one was about 1/2 mile south of us) a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think the road cleanup is totally history. Still a bit of gravel and loose dirt on the roads.

I didn't get pics, but we see all the jokes about grass clippings. I ran through about 200 yards of road where the guy was still mowing and the road was completely covered with grass... both lanes and a couple of inches deep! I think they may be able to bale that section. I've seen a little here and there, but that was wild. No, I didn't crash. I've seen much worst obstacles, but that was kind of wild!

Saw 4 deer, 2 ran across in front of me, but not too close. A couple of vultures flew pretty close to me, and (of course) squirrels. It was a wildlife sight-seeing tour! Temps, the high was 96, and 92 when I finished the ride. The humidity wasn't very high, so the cooling effect at speed was a bit muted. Bilt mesh gear, gloves boots, and always the trusty Shoei! It was a little hot, but I enjoyed the ride!!!

Mario - Sorry to hear about your buddy. Fortunately, it could have been a lot worse, but that's still got to be rough. Hoping he heals up quickly.

Last edited:
Back