Anyone have PCIII USB Map that will....

I guess I phrased it wrong, but I knew what you meant. Does the AIS pump have an electric motor powering it, or is it some sort of centrifugal or vacuum moving the pump?

Has anyone observed any problems with the AIS pump if they block the tube but don't disconnect the pump?

I guess I phrased it wrong, but I knew what you meant. Does the AIS pump have an electric motor powering it, or is it some sort of centrifugal or vacuum moving the pump?

Has anyone observed any problems with the AIS pump if they block the tube but don't disconnect the pump?

It is an electric motor. Here it is removed.
2129d1268175172-screw-day-dsc00458.jpg

Ugly damn thing to stick on such a purdy bike.

Indeed...just get the block-off plates and take the damn thing off. You get the added bonus of a bit more room on the top of the engine for spark plug changes! YAY!
Adding fuel into the zero column will not offset the fuel cut which happens on every FZ1 after a certain rpm. It's unavoidable. FCE is the only thing to negate that. But, as it relates to the AIS system, after I disconnected and removed it all, I have had zero decel popping. Addin numbers into the zero column may work on some bikes, just not this one, in the way you're thinking. I have, however, had to add in a bit of fuel around the idle to make a smooth idle. After the air box mod, full system, GCE and the other stuff, it needed a bit more at idle. Worked like a charm...3% more fuel...1250 rom, 2% at 1k.
Oh, and I have an 08' model with a PCV as well. Which I went with the PC3 only because DJ will never release the Ignition Module for it...because they now are stinky.

It is an electric motor. Here it is removed.
2129d1268175172-screw-day-dsc00458.jpg

Ugly damn thing to stick on such a purdy bike.

Yep, mine is coming off this winter. If I can find the plug I will just unplug the motor instead of cutting the wires. I already tried to follow the green and white wires to the plug but my hands are no were near small enough without some serious disassembly.

Yep, mine is coming off this winter. If I can find the plug I will just unplug the motor instead of cutting the wires. I already tried to follow the green and white wires to the plug but my hands are no were near small enough without some serious disassembly.

It is right under the ECU (is that the proper name for the computer that plugs in to the wiring harness?) Pain to get to even with the tank and air box off. I finally just cut the wires so I could fish it out on the intake side. It gave me enough slack to disconnect.

as gearhead82 says, blocking the AIS is really the only way to stop it !!
i did it by getting a long round head bolt and putting a few small nuts on it. then all u do is remove the tube on the bottom left of the air box, pop the bolt with nuts in the pipe about an inch down, just so there is a little of the bolt still sticking out to make removal easy, then use a jubalee clip to hold the bolt in place. the tube can then be stuck back onto the airbox for neatness and hey presto !!! Give this a go, it really works a treat and costs next to nothing !!!
Hit me back if you get stuck and i'll show u the set-up

Seth

i wld love to try and do this but i aint gt the slightest idea on hw to do so.. hw abt pics to illustrate?

The removal process is pretty easy I recommend just going ahead and doing it. You will never worry about bolts or marbles moving around and you do get much easier spark plug changes. Just take your tank off, remove the radiator mounting bolts and zip tie the radiator to pull it down and out of the way.

Back