Anyone Used These

My SV came with that bar installed but I didn't like it. I took it off, sold it for $120 and bought a Bikemaster Superbike bar for $13 and that was that.

Handlebars are a very personal thing but I've used the SM bars on a couple bikes other than mine and never liked them. Nice quality, though

I was never a fan of the Suburban Machinery bars... for the price of the dang things, you could buy a dozen other sets of bars to try out.... for the Gen 1 guys, a popular handlebar mod is to just get the Gen II bars... the Gen II guys... you could get a set of straight bars that are a bit more narrow...

some really love the SM bars... but for me, they never felt natural.. they reduced my turning radius because of their proximity to the tank when turned.... If you're looking for a more aggressive set of handlebars, I'd look into a set of Heli-bars... then at least you'd have adjustability..

Well you didn't really state what you're were trying to accomplish (more sporty stance?) with the bar swap. You may even want to try lower risers. Popular mod is to use SV650 ones. They are silver and match the rest of the FZ1 well. I believe they lower the bars about an inch...

Back