Audi style LED lights

Let me say that the R-1 is an awesome looking bike! It just screams "badass". I wonder how hard it would be to get behind the lenses on the front fairing of the FZ1??? Hmmmm?????

Well I haven't confirmed this on the FZ1, but most of the headlights are made in two parts. The "housing or shell" to which the bulbs and reflectors attach and a plastic "lens". These two parts are usually glued/bonded together with some sort of glue/epoxy/silicone to make it one weatherproof unit. I bet with a little bit of heat and patience the lens can be removed thereby giving you access to the inside of the housing to fit these strips of LEDs.

Well I haven't confirmed this on the FZ1, but most of the headlights are made in two parts. The "housing or shell" to which the bulbs and reflectors attach and a plastic "lens". These two parts are usually glued/bonded together with some sort of glue/epoxy/silicone to make it one weatherproof unit. I bet with a little bit of heat and patience the lens can be removed thereby giving you access to the inside of the housing to fit these strips of LEDs.

I may look across Ebay to see if anyone is selling a set of front light assemblies at a good price. It would be a cool project to mess around with.

They may not have separated the lens from the back. They may have simply drilled holes from the bottom and inserted the LEDs individually from the bottom on each side and sealed/glued them with silicone.

They may not have separated the lens from the back. They may have simply drilled holes from the bottom and inserted the LEDs individually from the bottom on each side and sealed/glued them with silicone.

a pretty big hole....they look to symmetrical to just be placed in there....but for a momment, I thought you were onto something....

This is true.I used to do this to the Honda car head lights to take the yellow reflectors out (that was the shit in the day) and reseal them. They use a non-drying sealer. The sealer does get harder with age. But with a little warmth it comes apart some what easy. Just stick it in the oven and 200 deg for a few minutes (or till browned....<<<just kidding on the browning). Just make sure you do NOT get it to hot. it is plastic and will deform or even melt if you leave it in there to long. It just needs to be warm to the touch.

Back