Axle Sliders

Before I even took my bike home from the dealer I had Frame sliders installed. They are cheap insurance as some of the members have found out. I also wanted to install Axle sliders for added piece of mind and have been looking around at what's available.
Motovation has them, but a bit pricey; Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 1000 Axle Sliders 2006+

Sato Racing has a front only for $54.95;SATO RACING Axle Sliders

T-Rex is the cheapest by far and the product looks good. When I went to their website I no longer see FZ-1 Axle sliders listed. The only Yamaha Axle slider listed is for the WR 250 (all years) for $29.95, All Years T-Rex Yamaha WR250X Rear Axle Sliders NO
I have sent off an e-mail and should hear back Monday.

If T-Rex can't supply I will probably go with the Sato, good name and good price. I know there are lots of other; Promoto, Vortex, Shogun, etc. Or perhaps DenArnold's father will end up as supplier. Those fancy gold billets.http://www.998cc.org/forum/bar/6834-my-new-2nd-hand-track-bike-2.html#post31944
Feel free to offer other suggestions.

Last edited:

Have you bought a set? If so could you post a picture of the actual product.

I had seen that site before, going through the e-bay link on the forum but had forgotten about them. They do look OK.

Thanks

Yea, I've been eyeing those as well. Currently I have frame sliders and spools on my bike, but would like to get F & R axle sliders as well.

I came across these and while very nice they are also very pricey.

ASL%20AXB%20red%20500.jpg

Last edited:
Lee, if I read the Sato chart correctly, it states they only offer the front and the rear has an "X" instead of a price. Others on the list have a price for the front then the rear. Did you check with them to see if this is a set for that price?

Curious about the T-Rex too. Both my wife and I have T-Rex frame sliders. :D

Yea, I've been eyeing those as well. Currently I have frame sliders and spools on my bike, but would like to get F & R axle sliders as well.

I came across these and while very nice they are also very pricey.

ASL%20AXB%20red%20500.jpg

Those would look awesome on your bike Tony! Do they come in gold? Oh yes I just noticed, all sorts of nice colours!

Last edited:
Lee, if I read the Sato chart correctly, it states they only offer the front and the rear has an "X" instead of a price. Others on the list have a price for the front then the rear. Did you check with them to see if this is a set for that price?

Curious about the T-Rex too. Both my wife and I have T-Rex frame sliders. :D

You may be right about the Sato ones in which case they are not so well priced at close to $55.00 for just the front.
UPDATE: Sato only offers the front. The "X" for the rear means unavailable.

I'll let you know when T-rex gets back to me. The frame sliders are a great price, and the axle sliders that they do list are $29.95 so even times 2 for front and rear is good.

Last edited:
Question? The OEM Yamaha swingarm spools offer some protection, right? How much though? Yamaha FZ1 Accessories, Yamaha FZ1 Swing Arm Spools

gytspoolalbk-500.jpg

They are a bit too small to offer much protection and would transmit the full impact (more so than derlin -the stuff the sliders is made from), I think. I don't really trust the 6mm holes on the bottom of the swingarm either (for that purpose). I can see it snagging and breaking off in a crash.

Last edited:
personally and by experience my R&G fork protectors have already convinced me they do protect. See http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Yamaha/FZ1-S_(Faired)/2008.aspx

and as mentioned in "the bar", I'll be looking to have a set made :)

I saw that site, but by the time I do the currency exchange they, (and all the British sites) become a bit too expensive.

I will hold off a bit, Who knows, maybe your father can make them competitive pricewise with the mass produced ones. I was wondering, are the ones on your trackbike anodised or painted? I'd rather buy from a member than a faceless store anyway. :)

Reply from T-Rex

I finally heard back from T-Rex today, they wrote:

Hi,
I apologize for the delay in replying. The sliders are not currently in stock. They will be available in about 8-10wks.
Thank you very much for your interest.
Tom

For more motorcycle accessories, visit us at:

Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks

Thank you for your business!

Last edited:
I worked with T-Rex on making them for GenII. Someone buy the ones I have posted in the classifieds.

I like the design of the T-rex rear spools/slider that you have, but would like a matched set, front and back, and prefer a design with a threaded tube that the bolts screw into rather than 1 long threaded rod.

II was wondering, are the ones on your trackbike anodised or painted? I'd rather buy from a member than a faceless store anyway. :)
they're untreated brassmetal. I'm now looking for a metalshop where I can buy a bar of brass 50mmdiameter per m. For corrosion protection I'll seek advice from the metalshop, but reckon a varnish should be able to protect.

they're untreated brassmetal. I'm now looking for a metalshop where I can buy a bar of brass 50mmdiameter per m. For corrosion protection I'll seek advice from the metalshop, but reckon a varnish should be able to protect.

Powder coating will work to and comes in clear. It is essentialy a clear plastic coating when it's done.

But yes a varathane should do the trick to keep corrosion at bay. No sense spending too much on something designed to take the brunt of any crash.

Last edited:
Back