Bandit 1250 to FZ1S

On the Gen I, I can see better MPG but on the Gen II even with a fairing, there is no way I'm going to get 150 miles out of a tank and that includes reserve. 110 - 120 miles IF I behave with the throttle and she's blinking at me. I'd not dare stretch it another 30 - 40 miles.

Stock gearing and a SpeedoDRD so mine is almost dead-on for MPG. Before the SpeedoDRD was installed, I was under the impression I could reach as high as 36 - 37 mpg but at 10% off, I know know my "actual" mpg is about 33. My wife's Yaris gets better mileage than these bikes but no where NEAR the enjoyment. ;)

Whilst not overly concerned about mileage (km) I will say my Gen 1 gets marginaly better than the Bandit 1250 at our legal speeds but better at 120 - 130km/h (confiscation speeds here) bastards! So over all the Gen 1 is better on fuel for me.
Just don't ask which one I would sell if I had too :wtf:

I'm about to throw the Ventura bags on and head off for a 3 day mountain tour visiting family on the FZ. Leaving in about an hour and filling with 91 RON every 300km or so with a little left over. At my age that's time for a break anyway. :)

I kept very accurate accounting in a spread sheet for 4461 miles. I logged in every gallon and odometer reading on my stock 2005 FZ1. I am an old man ( be 70 years old this summer) and ride very conservative. I have averaged 48.67 miles per US gallon.
Those are awsome fuel figures! I'm getting close but Imp Gal not US Gal!

Back