Baseball is about to start, who do you root for?

I am a Colorado Rockies fan, I am hopeful that their pitching will be strong this year :D From seeing the avatar for FZinNH, I am going out on a limb and say he is a Red Sox fan.

Well Eric here's to a good competitive season :cheers:Yankee fan here :D I've always been a big baseball, but the older I get the less I care for professional sports in general. I guess I'm disgusted by the salaries that these guys are making...

Last edited:
Go Phils! The past three years Ive been a season ticket holder at citizens bank park. Weve got the best fans in the world. Unfortunately since Im now in florida ill only be able to catch the games when they play the marlins.... Maybe ill take the FZ up to atlanta once or twice as well

what's your team, UNH? i'm a BU fan myself. and for baseball...well it should be obvious that i'm a sox fan haha

;) Nope! I'm a NH transplant. First 33 years (minus Army tour) was spent in Central Maine, next door to the UMaine Black Bears. I'll always be a Bear! :tup:

;) Nope! I'm a NH transplant. First 33 years (minus Army tour) was spent in Central Maine, next door to the UMaine Black Bears. I'll always be a Bear! :tup:

hahaha, our neighbor many years ago went up to maine and i think he played with paul kariya, so must have been early/mid 90's... gotta love hockey east

Rockies and Royals. Rockies because I lived on Colorado for 29 years, and the Royals because that was the very first MLB game I went to at age 10, back in 1974. George Brett, Frank White, Herman Killabrew, many others; what a great era for them.

Boston Red Sox. I grew up in New England but, I've been in the NW for 14 years, never the less, can't seem to get behind Seattle sports teams.

Boston Red Sox. I grew up in New England but, I've been in the NW for 14 years, never the less, can't seem to get behind Seattle sports teams.

Well, that explains this as your signature! :D

Where in NH were you?

Check out this video. ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7nQrCgALM"]YouTube- GRANITE STATE OF MIND (Jay-Z Parody - The SSP)[/ame]

Go Red Sox! Season opener is tonight at 8pm!!

Last edited:
NY Yankees. Because they are the closest team to my hometown, which is in Australia. Actually, no thats not the reason, I guess you could say i jumped on the bandwagon!

But, i am a real fan, i paid hundredsto watch them play the Rangers late last year at Yankee Stadium.

But, they lost the openning game, so it can only get better from here!

NY Yankees. Because they are the closest team to my hometown, which is in Australia. Actually, no thats not the reason, I guess you could say i jumped on the bandwagon!

But, i am a real fan, i paid hundredsto watch them play the Rangers late last year at Yankee Stadium.

But, they lost the openning game, so it can only get better from here!

don't you worry, the red sox usually beat up on the yankees in the first half of the season, but every time after the all star break they turn it on and beat up on the red sox. and so it goes.

Well, that explains this as your signature!

"Live free or die"

Where in NH were you?

Not from NH, just like the motto. I'm a Nutmegger. Grew up in SE Connecticut> then on to college in Springfield, MA (Springfield College)> then lived and worked in the Berkshires for 10 years> back to Connecti-"cute" for my Master's at Bridgeport University> and taught school in Stamford, CT for a while.
Once the police caught up with me, I decided to make a break for it to the West Coast. Been living under an assumed name ever since. Naw, that last bit isn't true. I just followed the advice so many have: " go west, young man, go west."
Truth is: I miss New England. :woot:

Back