Best Aftermarket Seat Choice???

I'm looking to purchase an aftermarket seat.
The 3 brands I know of are...
Corbin
Sargent
Saddlemen

Does anybody have any experience or feedback to give me on any of these options before I drop the $$$???

Thanks!

A couple of additional options include the yamaha gel seat and top saddlery. I personally have a top saddlery seat, which extended my riding time considerably but I still need a break every couple if hours while others say they never need a break with this seat. From what I've read Corbin seems to only suit a small minority while Sargent suits more folks but many say it is too firm. Unfortunately nobody can tell you what will work best for you because it comes down to personal preference and your riding style, weight, build, etc. Some people also go the cheaper route and customize their own seat or send it somewhere like greatdaytoride.com.

I have a Corbin and am very pleased with it. I will say that there were some initial frustrations to get over. First they shipped the seat and it was the wrong fabric. I had to send it back to be recovered which took around 4 weeks to get it back. When it came back it didn't fit properly and I had to shim the hooks on the seats to get them to latch. After all of that was said and done I've been happy with it. The wife loves having a backrest (which is the main reason I went with Corbin to start with). In the end though, like Raven said, it comes down to personal preference.

Top Saddlery here. Love this seat. I cannot compare it to the others outside of the Yamaha Gel seat which was not much improvement over stock. I am one of the TS owners who only has to stop for gas. Lately, it is my knees that get sore long before my arse hurts. ;)

I have a Corbin seat on my bike from the PO. I find it rather firm and it tends to push me towards the tank. However, while I have never tried any other seats, I am currently interested in trying others to increase my comfort level. I can't honestly say the Corbin is a bad seat but the stock seat on my FZ6 is just a comfortable as the Corbin on my FZ1.

I have a Corbin seat on my bike from the PO. I find it rather firm and it tends to push me towards the tank. However, while I have never tried any other seats, I am currently interested in trying others to increase my comfort level. I can't honestly say the Corbin is a bad seat but the stock seat on my FZ6 is just a comfortable as the Corbin on my FZ1.

I had to have my set of Corbins reworked because of that. I had a local upholstery shop rework them. They replaced the grease Corbin leather with a non-slip, marine vinyl, and added material to the front of the saddle and removed from the back of the saddle to make a flatter surface. Much better.

This is my second Corbin, it came with the bike, I'll never buy another one.

I have a Corbin Saddle (Front ONLY) and really like it. I tried a Sargent, but the welt bothered me under my leg. Sargent sent me one w/o a welt, however, the dishing seemed all wrong-unlike the first one. Yet, Sargent is a top-notch saddle, just didn't work out for me. The Corbin fit me like a glove right off the bat. I found it used on ebay and saved about $100. Fortunately, it had only been used a handful of times. :stunta]:

I only wish there were any other fz riders around here so
I could test all the different seats instead of just assuming that what I'm using works the best for me. The website for top saddlery is www.topsellerie.com in case you were wondering.

Back