Best first mods: Go!!!

silentcropduster

Just picked up a 2010 FZ1 w 4k miles Friday. I had a 2007 GSXR 750.

So far I have a slip on Yoshi carbon fiber pipe, Pro Sport super bike grips, ZG double bubble, and a ram mount.

Considering getting frame sliders, but not sure what brand etc.

Thoughts?fz1.jpg

Cheap mods? Good tires, fresh brake fluid & HH pads, uprated headlight bulbs (Philips Xtreme Vision H4)

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!

^ for cheap and effective, spot on. pilot power 3's are a great tire for the bike.

for real mods that matter, suspension with brakes upgraded to 08+ R1 stuff front and rear, braided lines, upgraded master cylinder, i use a brembo 19x18 on mine, you'll also need an ecu flash to get the most you can outta the bike performance wise for smoothness and what little power it has.

its not a fast bike, its not a light bike, yamaha cheaped on a lot unfortunately, brakes suffer, stock master cylinder blows, stock suspension blows, front and rear, but for about $1,500 you can about maximize it's potential to a pretty solid bike.

^ for cheap and effective, spot on. pilot power 3's are a great tire for the bike.

for real mods that matter, suspension with brakes upgraded to 08+ R1 stuff front and rear, braided lines, upgraded master cylinder, i use a brembo 19x18 on mine, you'll also need an ecu flash to get the most you can outta the bike performance wise for smoothness and what little power it has.

its not a fast bike, its not a light bike, yamaha cheaped on a lot unfortunately, brakes suffer, stock master cylinder blows, stock suspension blows, front and rear, but for about $1,500 you can about maximize it's potential to a pretty solid bike.

It's not a fast bike? I had a gsxr 750 that was pretty heavily modded, it's not as fast but would def keep up....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

no. it's not that fast of a bike for a 1000. and your gsxr750 puts down about the same hp as the fz1 but the fz1 has more tq

I was surprised when I bought this bike that it would barely keep up with a buddies R6, a few mods later and now its no contest.

I have a 2003,and in years i just spend regular maintenance to it your model is a pretty good bike with the upgraded suspension vs my model be sure to check the charging system the stator is not that strong on your model and some rattle on thé front fairing where the lights are.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk

I fully intend on getting all of Ivans mods eventually lol

exhaust + flash + fueling is all you need, there aren't other mods to be done, even according to his own website.

I was surprised when I bought this bike that it would barely keep up with a buddies R6, a few mods later and now its no contest.

stock it isn't much sadly, the flash and or a tune picks up 10-20hp though and really unlocks the bike

It's too bad that I'm broke as shit too, next riding season it will be a monster.

it's not too expensive and you may find that even stock or slip on with a flash is quite enough of an upgrade, just make sure the flash you get has the fueling included so you don't need a PC to do it

I don't get why some of you whine about the bike not being fast. I have a slip on k&n and a 16t and I have no issues keeping up with ANY of the supersports I ride with.
On the track, I'm sure it can't keep with the big boys but any back country twisties I have no issues.

Yes it can be made faster, which I fully intend to do at some point.

Honestly I've ridden tons of bikes, there are bikes that do this better or that better but all around the fz is my favorite. I'm 6'5 so the supersports are cramped and honestly so are the road couches. Different riding style but still cramped.

Back