Bestem CF

Thought I would give this a try since no one else makes the heel guards.I have heard mixed reviews about the product so I wasnt expecting alot.Packaging was good,shipping was OK product was fair at best it didnt give me the WOW factor when I opened the box.Moving on to mounting,I ended up drilling the holes almost as large as the bolt head to get them on and the outline or pattern of the gurad is pretty sketchy,when mounted they bow out in the middle and dont relly sit flush like the stock parts did.all in all I would say avoid buying from them,I know I wont again.I have doubts as to wether this is even real CF and how long it will last.If Iwas looking for a word to describe them i would say "junk" is pretty accurate

I had to drill the holes a little bigger to. Actually just an offset oval so that the head could still grab. I also sanded the bottm side so that it would sit flush. I little bit of a PITA but I am happy with them. I also got a $15 credit for sending them my photos before they had any on the FZ1 which sweetened the deal.

My biggest problem was that I stripped one of the screws trying to take the stackers off.

I have had mine for almost two years with no degredation of appearance except where my boot touches them. I had an issue with one of the heat shields I ordered from them for the exhaust but they replaced it without question and I had no issue with the replacement.

I would describe them not as junk but as budget CF. I still plan to get their chain guard.

Brad

Last edited:
Dude, call them. I have the same ones, I've had them almost two years, and they were easy install, fit great, and have lasted awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I didn't get my cf heel guards from them, but I suspect they were made from the same mold. I too had to elongate a couple of the mounting holes to get them to fit. So far they are holding up fine, but I expected better fit for such a simple part.

they refunded all my money and told me to keep them.I will work at them with the dremel to see if i can make them fit better.I ended up drilling a 19/64 hole to get them on.I dont think i will be getting any other parts from them the stuff just doesn't look finished.maybe I'm to picky

they refunded all my money and told me to keep them.I will work at them with the dremel to see if i can make them fit better.I ended up drilling a 19/64 hole to get them on.I dont think i will be getting any other parts from them the stuff just doesn't look finished.maybe I'm to picky

Well I'm glad to hear they refunded your money since you weren't happy with the product. And you're not being picky...you pay for something and you expect it to fit and look right. I don't think those expectations are out of line.

Same experience, the holes didn't quite line up but a couple of minutes with an X-acto knive solved that problem and they now fit ok. No issues as far as to the appearance of the carbon fiber is concerned. I wouldn't classify them as junk by any means. The stock screws are a PITA, they just don't seem to fit right, very difficult to remove and install. I replaced them with Pro Bolt hex screws and they didn't fit that well either without some serious twisting, think the stock holes are wonky for some reason.

The other two Bestem CF pieces I have are much more complicated (the front and rear exhaust shields) but they fit like a glove, no trimming whatsoever with deep lustrous CF weave and no problem with the heat so far. Go figure.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back