BOM May '09

BOM May '09

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do the mods ever really stop??

BroHay

heck no. I've done damn near everything you can do to a FZ to mine.... and I'm still playing with it.... upgraded the suspension front and rear... but this winter, the front forks will probably come off again and get the AK-20's installed.... jetting has been done, and airbox has been modded... but I'm going to rip into them again today or tomorrow, drill the slides, and possibly try another shim under the needles....

there's always something to do...

heck no. I've done damn near everything you can do to a FZ to mine.... and I'm still playing with it.... upgraded the suspension front and rear... but this winter, the front forks will probably come off again and get the AK-20's installed.... jetting has been done, and airbox has been modded... but I'm going to rip into them again today or tomorrow, drill the slides, and possibly try another shim under the needles....

there's always something to do...

+1 for the AK-20's (saving up the $$ now)-- and guess I'll break into the carbs this weekend and just gut it up that I might be down for a couple of days......:(

BroHay

I already had Traxxion re-valve and re-spring the front... but... I can't leave it alone when I know it could be better....

Down for a couple of days for carbs??? Why? It takes 20 minutes to get the carbs out (the first time) ... it takes 10 minutes to pull the tops off and do everything you need to do to the slides and needles and re-install the tops.... flip the carbs over, 5 minutes to drill out the brass caps... 1 minute to set mixture screws... then 5 minutes to pull all of the bowls. 1 minute to change out all of the main jets... 5 minutes to set float height (the first time) 2 minutes to put the bowls back on... 10 minutes to remove all of the intake boots from the head, 1 hour to take a Dremel and port the boots 5 minutes to put the intake boots back on. 1 minute to remove air cleaner lid, 3 minutes to do air-box mod. 1 minute to put lid back on and modify rubber cover to make it work... then, spray some WD-40 on a rag and wipe on the inside of the intake boots/air cleaner boots... carbs pop right in, nice and easy when lubed with WD.... say... 15 minutes to get the carbs back in...

As I've got it laid out, that's 144 minutes... figure... 2.5 hours to allow some time for taking a little break to get something cool to drink...

No Problem. It shouldn't take you a couple of days...

Well, BOTM is over for the Month of May and June will be posted shortly.

Thanks to all those who participated by submitting entries, credit payments will be coming within the next day or so....

BroHay

Wow....am I a little late... with the updates

credits assigned as follows....
1st -- 1000 credits (BroHay)
2nd -- 500 credits (jlewis02)
3rd -- 250 credits (3 way tie so 100 each to R1FSR/Devilsyam/BroHay)

Back