Bout ye from Northern Ireland

Hi chaps just got on here and posted on the international bit of the forum, just found the UK bit oops!

Just got a FZ1 after a GIXER 750 IOM TT, Z thou, bandit 12, TL1000 etc, heres a few pics of my FZ, anyone know if this a special edition or something as ive tried to find the paint scheme and cant. Any comments or info would be great, ps anyone in NI (around Belfast, lisburn) fancy a ride out when the weather is better lol. Cheers dudes.

2010-11-13140106.jpg

2010-11-13140059.jpg

what about ye dave, im from norin iren as well, im in a wee club called bob stewarts motorcycle club, you may know our pub in lambeg between lisburn and belfast, there is about 10 of us from busas to 1977 yams, get back to me and we can meet up and have a bit of craic! cheers pete

Howdy Doody,
Will be in your part of the country at the end of the month.
Am stopping in Amargh, & going to the Cookstown 100
If you wanna meet up, get in touch
:icon_beer:

Its actually craic, here is something off the www.

Craic

Irish word for fun/enjoyment that has been brought into the English language.
When mixed with alcohol and/or music.

Fun doesn't really cut it though. General banter, good times had by all.
Also, a person who is good fun/great company.

It was great craic.
She's great craic when she gets going.
He's great craic when he has a few pints on him.
What's the craic?
How's the craic?
The craic was mighty.

Note: Very tricky to get away with saying this in the US without getting strange looks for police officers.

Hope this helps fellas?

Its actually craic, here is something off the www.

Craic

Irish word for fun/enjoyment that has been brought into the English language.
When mixed with alcohol and/or music.

Fun doesn't really cut it though. General banter, good times had by all.
Also, a person who is good fun/great company.

It was great craic.
She's great craic when she gets going.
He's great craic when he has a few pints on him.
What's the craic?
How's the craic?
The craic was mighty.

Note: Very tricky to get away with saying this in the US without getting strange looks for police officers.

Hope this helps fellas?

Wow! I actually hear this every single morning about 5 times. Now I know what it means. We have a large amount of Irish contractors that come in every morning to the lumber yard and ask me "How's the craic?" all the time. Now I'll let them know that the craic is just fine! Thanks for the info!

Just incase your interested, here's another one from the Emerald Isle, although this one is from Northern Ireland.

Waddaboutcheeee?

As in "Waddaboutcheee big man?

Broadly translated means "how are my good chap?" or What about you friend?

Its said as its spelt!! :disturbed

its pronouced 'big maaan'.............first time I was in Norn Iron and somebody said this to me I wondered 'how can they tell?'............not many proper Norn Iron accents in sydney except the 'pierced' beardy sales guy at Action in Paramatta...........nicest people I ever met when I was working in Belfast.............lucky bastids only have one speed camera in the whole country

Last edited:
There's deffinately a lot more speed cameras in Norn Iron now adays mate. Still not as many as England though, but then again we do have lots of road racing over here, so i think we like a bit of lunacy on the roads.

ps your right, it is, Waddaboutchee big maaan?!?!

Hi chaps just got on here and posted on the international bit of the forum, just found the UK bit oops!

Just got a FZ1 after a GIXER 750 IOM TT, Z thou, bandit 12, TL1000 etc, heres a few pics of my FZ, anyone know if this a special edition or something as ive tried to find the paint scheme and cant. Any comments or info would be great, ps anyone in NI (around Belfast, lisburn) fancy a ride out when the weather is better lol. Cheers dudes.

2010-11-13140106.jpg

2010-11-13140059.jpg

Hi Dave, have a bike very similar to yours, did i see this bike sitting in McCallens at the start of this year?

:welcome:nice paint scheme, was it painted after it was bought i wonder, dont think its a standard job,
had to change the mirrors on mine as i couldnt see F all in them, not wide enough ,, put bar ends on, prob solved, looks better too

Last edited:
Back