BT016 Two Observations

1.) They rock compared to the stock Dunlop's. I got them almost fully scuffed in on my ride home from the shop and I can already tell they are much stickier. Much more confidence inspiring. No slipping from the rear when rolling on the throttle out of a turn as my Dunlop's so frequently did.

2.) Everything turns in better without a flat spot down the center. :tup:

Glad to hear your liking them Brad. I think I'm going to change from the 016's to the 023's next time. Only because I use the bike to commute and the 023's are a bit harder in the center.

Glad to hear your liking them Brad. I think I'm going to change from the 016's to the 023's next time. Only because I use the bike to commute and the 023's are a bit harder in the center.

I am very interested in the 023. I am just waiting for first hand feedback from my buddies here on this forum.

Haven't decided for sure yet but I am either gonna try a set of the Bridgestones or a set of Pilot Pures. Either way I am going to get the 55 profile. :deal:

I love them.
Had them on my 06 Fz1
I have them on my ZX14 and the rear has only lasted 2800 miles so far still has about 500 or so left lol too much power

They are new and I think they are replacing the regular BT-016s as I no longer see those listed on Bridgestone's website. They are most likely an evolution of the BT-016s with some improvements....

Correct. First introduced over a year ago, initially only to the Japanese market, they incorporate the nanotech, develoed from moto.gp, used in forming and injecting the rubber.
Is supposed to provide a more uniform distribution of the silicon and carbon components which in turn keeps the rubber consistent from skin to cord which helps with longetivity and prevents excessive heat soak or damage from heat cycling which translates into wear/feel consistency. Also helps in ensuring the rubber works as designed in the wet.
Putting a front 016Pro through its paces now and all seems fine. Really interested to see if they've solved the heat cycle baking problem that turned my last 2 pairs to skitish wood in the last 30% of their life

They are new and I think they are replacing the regular BT-016s as I no longer see those listed on Bridgestone's website. They are most likely an evolution of the BT-016s with some improvements....

as said earlier ive always neen a big fan of the 016's ive had them on my blade and my r1 and loved them, the fz1 i have now came with pirelli angels on it ant i also find them great, nice steady tyre they wont surprise ya under pressure,

i have always been a big fan of the bridgies, never used anythin but the bt 016 or the 016pro, but when i got my latest bike she had a set of pirelli angels on her, im really surprised to find they are just as good as the BT016, great feedback and really planted to the ground, even in the rain, but seem to be getting much better mileage from them, . . . . .and i ride my bike HARD, both in corners and on straights, bottom line, IM VERY IMPRESSED

Last edited:
Back