Christmas in October!

313058_2186569742553_1196323770_32079141_2104617604_n.jpg

Finally received my new FZ1 this morning. I bought it on fleabay at auction from Heinen's in Minnesota. They were kind enough to ship it all the way to Florida without any issues and the bike arrived perfectly set up with no scratches. The shipping was not cheap, but I still saved $1100 OTD from anything I could do locally.

1. Brand new leftover 2009 out of the crate with 3 mi. on the ODO.
2. Rewashed and set the clock because it got dusty in the trailer.
3. Bike runs hotter than my Kawasaki 500R, but is several steps above in class.
4. Transmission shifts very smoothly, even better than my Honda VT1100.
5. The 485lb. weight is at the limit of what I would consider easy to maneuver in the garage.
6. Center stand is a must and all the parts seem to feel and function well.
7. Stock seat is not as bad as I remember while shopping, but it is the weak link.
8. Foot pegs are a bit high since I am tall, but I should have no problem getting used to them.
9. As I have said in other posts, the FZ1 does not dominate any single category, but it does very well as a package.
10. I like the motor.
2011-10-04142010.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. I loved mine when I first got it and planned to keep it stock, but something happened along the way. Now I REALLY love it!!!...

Something is missing from your post...I wonder what it could be????....

:needpics:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyv-HR2hnXs&feature=share]FZ1 summary - YouTube[/ame]

If you have the means, I recommend you pick one up.

Last edited:
Hi 2wheelMax,great to see you got your brand new 09 FZ1s. My 07 Fazer was a leftover too when I got it in 09. I payed 75% of retail, hope you got it cheaper. Time for break in and some mods. Looks like you already have a Gel Seat. Happy riding and good luck.:welcome:

The waiting is the hardest part.
-Tom Petty

Already have a Sargent seat I purchased from a member here. Thanks BTW. Just going to take it easy on the new tires until they scrub in. Otherwise it should be a sweet ride.

Back