Contour Video

Here's my first take a video with the Contour. I shot this using the Contour Panavise mount. Nothing exciting here, just going down the road.

This was shot in 720p at 60 frames a second.

I also noticed that this thing EATS memory. I recommend a 16GB, if not at 32GB card.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pG94ggxjGg"]FZ1 360 Ride - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice - Contour is getting better! Good sound too. Is that Hwy 281?

Everything that goes on youtube goes to 30 fps, but if you will use it somewhere else 60 is awesome. I'll post up the card I got - be SURE to get the super-speed-writing cards if you buy a bigger card. The normal ones can't keep up.

Nice. As mentioned, don't bother with 60fps unless it's for DVD or something. 30fps is perfectly good and it won't eat memory that bad.

Nice color but still has the "rolling shutter effect " I'll back my Drift Innovation HD170 any day.
For normal playback there is no benefit in 60fps as digital is 29.5fps. 60 is handy when you're doing slow motion stuff as the software doesn't have to generate false frames as often. Use 30 and get twice as much card and battery.

Sure, 30 fps will save space, and lower res will too. But there is a loss of all kinds of info, especially at speed and when thing pass closer to you at speed. For playing on the computer/Internet, you dont need the detail, but for tv, it makes a big improvement!

Be sure to get the high-speed card! Standard storage/photo card won't work! Every dollar you put into storage is well-spent.

Sure, 30 fps will save space, and lower res will too. But there is a loss of all kinds of info, especially at speed and when thing pass closer to you at speed. For playing on the computer/Internet, you dont need the detail, but for tv, it makes a big improvement!

Be sure to get the high-speed card! Standard storage/photo card won't work! Every dollar you put into storage is well-spent.

You must have some fancy futuristic TV then because digital is digital @ 29.97fps
Standard or HD its still the same frame rate.

Normally I'd agree, but the source can determine the FPS shown on a lot of modern 1080p tv's. You can buy tv's now that can handle 120 fps.

I quote:

1080p/60 and PC Sources

It is also important to note that when you connect a PC to an HDTV via DVI or HDMI, the graphic display signal of the PC may indeed be sending out 60 discreet frames every second (depending on source material), instead of repeating the same frame twice, as with film or video based material from DVD or Blu-ray Disc. In this case, no additional processing is required to "create" a 1080p/60 frame rate via conversion.

1080i vs 1080p - Similarities and Differences - What You Need To Know About 1080i - 1080p/60 - 1080p/30 - 1080p/24

Back