Curing Gen II Faring buzz and vibration

CGFZ1

I have noticed a lot of buzz/vibration in my 07 FZ faring especially around the 5000 rpm mark. I was wondering what my fellow FZ1 riders have done to get rid of this on their bikes? Being that I am putting the FZ1 up for the winter I have some projects planned for it and the faring vibration was one thing I wanted to address. Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

I've found the solution...

img0150sd.jpg

Go naked :nana:

Thanks Eric, looks like surgery for the FZ1 faring, I will also be adding thicker weather stripping to the bottom of the vent (where the vent meets the speedo) just for added vibration resistance. Thanks again for the link to reparing the vent that seems to be the culprit on my bike as well.

Chad

Thanks Eric, looks like surgery for the FZ1 faring, I will also be adding thicker weather stripping to the bottom of the vent (where the vent meets the speedo) just for added vibration resistance. Thanks again for the link to reparing the vent that seems to be the culprit on my bike as well.

Chad

Chad, you can do this without removal of the fairing. Just remove the windscreen and you can grab the vent and pull it up and back toward the rider position. There is a single plastic pin in the middle (under-side) of it that will snap off clean. Then using adhesive or double-sided tape, re-apply the vent. 10 minute job. :D

Chad, you can do this without removal of the fairing. Just remove the windscreen and you can grab the vent and pull it up and back toward the rider position. There is a single plastic pin in the middle (under-side) of it that will snap off clean. Then using adhesive or double-sided tape, re-apply the vent. 10 minute job. :D

Awesome! Thanks again for your help it is greatly appreciated.:unworthy: Will be working on that next week. Going to my cabin in northern Wisconsin this weekend otherwise I would do it then. Wisconsin gun deer season coming soon and I need to get ready. Tree stand work to do, and game camera pics to go over :)

Take care,

Chad

Back