Custom Fit Leathers

I have a problem. I have the Torso of someone 6'3 but a 29" inseam. At the same time I float between a 36 & 38" waist. I have tree trunks for legs and have always been a stalky guy. There is nothing out there off the rack in the way full leathers that will fit my freaky frame.

I found my solution!
Pilot Leathers - Suits

Custom fit. Custom color. All just for you! $1,100 but heck, I do not want to spend $800 on something that is going to be uncomfortable. If you are a standard size you can get a suit for $800.

So this is on my wish list for the end of the year. Heck, I don't have much of anything else (short of SS brake lines) that I want to spend money on on the FZ1.

Anyone have any experience with them? Other recommendations?

Last edited:
Thats the same site that I was looking at! I hope to have mine by the time we leave to Deals Gap in September. I have heard good things from others about this particular place. Sometimes you just have to go for it. I'll probably end up buying mine from them regardless. I'd like to get "Yamaha" and my name printed on them as well. If you get there before me make sure to post some shots.

So this is the one I am digging. I would put my last name across the back.
2840d1273537749-custom-fit-leathers-suit.jpg

This might be another option for custom leathers. Dave is real big on the SV650 forum. From reviews on that board, his stuff is top notch and well worth the money. His custom suits start at $650 and go to $899. He also does off the rack suits for $475.

Here is a link to the SV site about his leathers.

Seems The Secret's Out. Here are the Details - SPARTAN LEATHERS - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Dave's website Spartan Leathers - Premium Custom Motorcycle Leathers, Jackets, Gloves, and more!

This might be another option for custom leathers. Dave is real big on the SV650 forum. From reviews on that board, his stuff is top notch and well worth the money. His custom suits start at $650 and go to $899. He also does off the rack suits for $475.

Here is a link to the SV site about his leathers.

Seems The Secret's Out. Here are the Details - SPARTAN LEATHERS - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Dave's website Spartan Leathers - Premium Custom Motorcycle Leathers, Jackets, Gloves, and more!

Thanks for that! Definitely another option! I am going to contact them as I have a few questions after looking at the site.

One thought to keep in mind on leathers, they come in a couple different thickness's, 1.2 and 1.4, and usually include a discription of drum-dried. Drum dried is the weaker end-product of the drying methods, and of course the thickness's are rated from 1.0 on up t0 1.5-6-7 with the larger number after the ( . ) being thicker in weight like 1/8th inch or 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch and so on. I'v found a company out of LA California called Perrinni who make some fairly nice pre-formed w/hump leathers, you might check them out. They also advertise on Ebay, (thats how I found them)
As a rule of thumb, $800 usualy gets you decent leathers, however the prices are somewhat coming down these days. Of course Dianeese and Joe Rocket brands and the like are unlikely to come down to a reasonable price level, due to brand and the price structuring they'v attained. But.....$400-$500 leathers are out there that are quite substantial and good fitting.

I dont know what to say about your build......don't even have a quick come-back on that one...lol :) lol.... But the ones I'm talking about are 'build to fit' so you must fill out a build sheet with measurements and such., or talk to them on their phone line. This might facilitate your delima with tight legging fit on a suit. It seems the name brands are more a generic fit for highschool like bodies, not our older adult physiques.

+1 on the spartan leathers. I eventually plan to get a set of custom leathers and there are a couple of racers at the local track that wear spartan and can attest to thier durability. If you have a chance, go out to youtube (I would post a link, but youtube is blocked here at work), you can watch a video of Ron Hix going down at Blackhawk Farms Raceway after the suicide clip on his Brembo radial master cylinder fell out, leaving him with no front brakes at the end of a straightaway. He was wearing his spartan leathers and ended up walking away from the crash.

Back