• November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Figured I would start this early so that we can actually make this happen. I would love to see this site put a good showing at the Gap. If we have enough of a turn out I might even have Tee shirts made. I figure if we start now we can make it happen.

Last edited:
Wish I could go, but it's not looking good for next year with work related stuff. If anything I would only be able to go in September.

I've been riding for about 5 years now and have been dying to ride the gap. Next year I will definitely be going. If there is something like a group ride going on, that's probably when I'll be going. Keep this thread going.

We usually go in June, and in the fall September. May, or June, or September would be good. I've gone down there in early April.....better have heated stuff that early..

Are we thinking about trying to rent out the whole deals gap hotel resort thing for a weekend event or what?

I guess that would depend upon attendance. I have also stayed a the Iron Horse camp ground, thanks to Amevl. Its is really nice a little cheaper and riding 28N gives you a very nice warm up for a day of the Dragon.

My crew goes every May we stay at the Punkin Center out side Maryville on 129. Its about 12 miles to the Dragon. Great spot, has nice cabins and bunkhouse and campsites good prices too. Check out the website.

Charles Town, WV to Deals Gap

I'm going with a friend of mine the week after memorial day.

Thursday May 31st - Monday June 4th

If the forcast looks horrible were talking about the week after labor day for a rain date.

We were talking about camping for some or all of the nights. Everyone is welcome. More bikes = More better!

I'm in

I live just over an hour away and always look for excuses to wear the edges of my tires. I am going to try and join the ride mentioned above and can definitely join any other future rides in the area!

P.S. Hit up the cherohala skyway while you're there ;)

Back