Delkevic 350mm SS Oval Slip-on Exhaust

I just installed Delkevic's mid-length can on my `05. It arrived in three days and was well packaged. Fit is very good and installation took about 30 minutes. It has a pad for the center stand bumper. I removed the baffle before installation. It has a nice mellow tone and is not loud at all. At freeway speeds wind noise is louder than the exhaust note. I wear a Bell full-face and have the stock windshield. I'd recommend it without reservation.

Here's a YouTube posting: [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgLHL_4MvI"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgLHL_4MvI[/ame]

Last edited:
Billy - I believe the tail graphics are stock for `05. Several ads I saw while looking for mine mentioned the checkerboard graphics.

Johnny - Yeah, I'm gonna have to do some polishing up front. Unless Delkevic builds a header for our bikes soon - the've got them for many others, and under $200.

Delkevic lists the weight without the baffle installed as 2 kg, a little under 4.5 lbs. I haven't weighed the stock can yet, but I'd guess a good 10 lbs. I'll post again once I've weighed it.

Delkevic 350 CF

Installed Saturday. WOW!! What a difference from the stock boat anchor. Nice deep rumble. I will keep the baffle in for now. It's plenty loud for me as it is.

Installed Saturday. WOW!! What a difference from the stock boat anchor. Nice deep rumble. I will keep the baffle in for now. It's plenty loud for me as it is.

Looks good, but I wonder why they made the mid-pipe so long. Makes the clamp look "weird" being so close to the front of the muffler.

Just installed the stainless Delkevic on my 2007 and I am very happy with the tone and volume level of this system. I am not sure yet if I am going to run the bike with the baffle in or out. Need to do a road test when the weather clears to help make the decision. Nice exhaust for the money.

I wish they made some better looking exhausts. Kinda hate the 80s spouty look on the outlet. Seems like you turn the knob and it will pour ya some drink :D

They make quite a few different models. I love how mine looks (tri-oval carbon)

exhausto.jpg

Just installed the stainless Delkevic on my 2007 and I am very happy with the tone and volume level of this system. I am not sure yet if I am going to run the bike with the baffle in or out. Need to do a road test when the weather clears to help make the decision. Nice exhaust for the money.

Definitely very good pipe for the money. I weighed mine (tri-oval carbon) and compared it to stock. Stock is 10+ pounds heavier!
I'm definitely keeping baffle IN, but to each his own. I'd say it's no louder than stock, but the tone is nicer. I have to admit the tone is not nearly as nice as the Leo Vince I had on FZ6, but I've no idea what other exhausts sound like on FZ1, so not sure anything pricey would sound very different.
I'm definitely happy with my choice over all.

I like the carbon tri-oval look on your bike, I was going to get the carbon oval but wound up getting the stainless. A little less money and it seems to accent the cobalt blue pretty well. The weathers is supposed to clear up tomorrow so I am hoping to get some riding in before I have to put it away for the winter, getting cold up here in Wisconsin:shaking head:

I like the carbon tri-oval look on your bike, I was going to get the carbon oval but wound up getting the stainless. A little less money and it seems to accent the cobalt blue pretty well. The weathers is supposed to clear up tomorrow so I am hoping to get some riding in before I have to put it away for the winter, getting cold up here in Wisconsin:shaking head:

Blah.. hate cold weather! (well.. cold's OK, but snow/ice isn't).

Stainless does look good on yours!

Number one reason I like carbon: It stays cool! I can actually touch the pipe when the coolant is at 200 degrees.

This pipe was so inexpensive to begin with, it was an easy choice for me. When the price difference between stainless and carbon is ~200.. that's another story.

I have run the bike with the baffle in and out and have decided to run with it out. Great sound and definite power difference. It pulls the front tire up quite easily now. I am now pretty sure I am going to gut the cat, install a PCIII and do the airbox and flies mod. Will probably piss the wife off but I will ask for forgiveness after the mods are done:sinister:

Back