Delkevic exhaust: I am no longer a fan.

That bites. What crap customer service. It would cost them $50.00 to send you a replacement and win a customer for life. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.998cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/18920-fs-249-leo-vince-evo-ii-gp-style-slip-ss.html go buy that

and you get what you pay for. everyone complains about how overpriced akro and whatnot is. it's really not overpriced by that much. when you buy a cheap ass part you're going to get a cheap ass part. don't get all huffy n puffy cuz your cheap ass part came apart.

I have a LeoVince Titanium and never repacked it. It sounds awesome and works flawless since 35k miles ;). So the retail price is about 700$ but it was already on the bike when I bought it.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/18920-fs-249-leo-vince-evo-ii-gp-style-slip-ss.html go buy that

and you get what you pay for. everyone complains about how overpriced akro and whatnot is. it's really not overpriced by that much. when you buy a cheap ass part you're going to get a cheap ass part. don't get all huffy n puffy cuz your cheap ass part came apart.

Yup, that's a great deal and I hope someone jumps on it!! It's not ideal for me though. When I ride 2up, my lady tends to catch the pipe with her boot (she's melted her sole on it before). I installed a carbon shield on mid-pipe and that fixed the issue. No place for shield on LV GP pipe.. and I have to admit it seems to be one of the best sounding ones (based on youtube vids).

Hope I didn't come off "huffy n puffy" in my original post. Did not mean to complain at all. In fact I think I got my money's worth for such a cheap part. Just wanted folks to know that these things won't last forever (don't know if frequent re-packing would make it last.. maybe).

Hope I didn't come off "huffy n puffy" in my original post. Did not mean to complain at all. In fact I think I got my money's worth for such a cheap part. Just wanted folks to know that these things won't last forever (don't know if frequent re-packing would make it last.. maybe).

I think you had every right to complain ! Personally I think its not so much that your pipe was " cheap " but that most of the name brand stuff is way too expensive. Considering the time you've had the slipon and mileage I'd be complaining too ! :cheers:

You didn't come off huffy and puffy and you certainly aren't complaining. You DID NOT get your money's worth. 12,000 miles is nothing. Two oil changes. A summer's worth of riding time. That is garbage.

I posted up in Hail's thread about selling his VFR:

Which brings me to Erci's question about how long a higher end exhaust would last vs the Delkevic: longer than 12,000 miles ;) This Yoshimura system has been on the bike for maybe twenty years and 60,000 miles. It's taken some big hits, too

Delkevic's garbage customer service is just another example of their terrible quality. They know their product is so crap that they can't even be bothered to offer you a shred, a semblance of customer service. Not even a tiny bit.

I get better customer service from $1.00 USB cables off eBay. No joke.

Delkevic's garbage customer service is just another example of their terrible quality. They know their product is so crap that they can't even be bothered to offer you a shred, a semblance of customer service. Not even a tiny bit.

I get better customer service from $1.00 USB cables off eBay. No joke.

Did I mention that they were very pleasant and polite when they told me there was nothing they could do for me? :)
At least there was someone there to answer the phone and they weren't rude about it. Sure it would have been much nicer if they did actually help me out, but I've had worse experiences before.

Funny how sometimes (or often) trying to save money ends up costing more.

You're a nice guy about it all and we appreciate your feedback here but them being nice means nothing if problem solving isn't even attempted. They didn't even offer you a compromise, just flat out shut you down.

Kicking you in the nuts hurts the same whether I frown or smile while I'm doing it

Last edited:
Yup, that's a great deal and I hope someone jumps on it!! It's not ideal for me though. When I ride 2up, my lady tends to catch the pipe with her boot (she's melted her sole on it before). I installed a carbon shield on mid-pipe and that fixed the issue. No place for shield on LV GP pipe.. and I have to admit it seems to be one of the best sounding ones (based on youtube vids).

i didnt mean to come across mean, i apologize if it did so. i spent years working with a dyno tuner and have seen every exhaust system under the sun and if it works/doesn't, high/low mileage, sound from idle to redline etc. almost any slip on under $400-500 is not going to last long unfortunately.

i didnt mean to come across mean, i apologize if it did so. i spent years working with a dyno tuner and have seen every exhaust system under the sun and if it works/doesn't, high/low mileage, sound from idle to redline etc. almost any slip on under $400-500 is not going to last long unfortunately.

No worries, man. I did order a new can. Had loads to choose from, but one thing about Scorpion made it a relatively easy choice. Lifetime warranty to original owner and guaranteed to never need re-packing. I've always liked their stuff, going back to FZ6 days. I got the carbon (would have gone with alu or ti if I didn't need to worry about my passenger) with steel tip for $449 shipped.
Really wanted the carbon with carbon tip for just 25 more, but those have to be special ordered .. don't feel like waiting a month.

No worries, man. I did order a new can. Had loads to choose from, but one thing about Scorpion made it a relatively easy choice. Lifetime warranty to original owner and guaranteed to never need re-packing. I've always liked their stuff, going back to FZ6 days. I got the carbon (would have gone with alu or ti if I didn't need to worry about my passenger) with steel tip for $449 shipped.
Really wanted the carbon with carbon tip for just 25 more, but those have to be special ordered .. don't feel like waiting a month.

I also run a scorpion CF that I scored for almost free. It is smoother, quieter than my Micron GP and matches the bike well. The no need for repacking sold me on Scorpion too - warranty doesn't matter at that point....

Almost any corporation has Shite customer service...

Almost..

I had a problem with my Yoshimura 6 years old or possibly older.. (I was second or third owner)
Guess what? one call & new part free of charge on my door in matter of few days .
Now Im a yoshi fan for life.

Last edited:
Finally pulled the can off. I don't know if there's any point in taking it apart. Can see a large gap in packing material, no structural lining left at the split and perforated inner pipe is visible.

tajp.jpg

5k78.jpg

sjwa.jpg

Back