DenArnold still around

All,
I have been of the grid for some time, mainly updating FB.
Some of you will have seen I had some great time this year in Italy on a motorbike trip and in Sweden with the Family.

It was like I was enjoying life too much as in August I was informed my job after 22.5 years at British Telecom came to an end in September.
Despite it loomed to be happening, stil was quite a surprise when both my Dutch manager and HR manager showed up at my desk to inform me.
Nevertheless I immediately started looking and used my professionan network to apply for jobs.
After several interviews and sleepless nights, I was contacted to come to work for a Fiber Company EUROFIBER Belgium to manage their network services team....

I'm glad I was able to find a new challenging job in such a short timeframe and was not forced to stop any motorcycling.
Still at the motorbike scene, and enjoying the FZ1 and Tiger800 as much as when I bought them, but not as often anymore (less holidays)

Anyways, life is still good on me and I'm still around

All,
I have been of the grid for some time, mainly updating FB.
Some of you will have seen I had some great time this year in Italy on a motorbike trip and in Sweden with the Family.

It was like I was enjoying life too much as in August I was informed my job after 22.5 years at British Telecom came to an end in September.
Despite it loomed to be happening, stil was quite a surprise when both my Dutch manager and HR manager showed up at my desk to inform me.
Nevertheless I immediately started looking and used my professionan network to apply for jobs.
After several interviews and sleepless nights, I was contacted to come to work for a Fiber Company EUROFIBER Belgium to manage their network services team....

I'm glad I was able to find a new challenging job in such a short timeframe and was not forced to stop any motorcycling.
Still at the motorbike scene, and enjoying the FZ1 and Tiger800 as much as when I bought them, but not as often anymore (less holidays)

Anyways, life is still good on me and I'm still around

I enjoy all the photos you post on your trips Arnold. Oh, and the boys are getting so big now!!! I wonder if any or both are showing an interest in two wheels yet??

I too have been MIA since moving to Texas. Life here has changed (all for the good) but we are getting out of street riding altogether. We bought property to build a retirement home and the bikes are all being traded for ATVs soon.

Glad to hear that you've rebounded quickly and are continuing to ride. I've followed your journey with the family on FB and the amazing places you've all got to experience so thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you! I cannot believe how big the twins are already. Seems like is was only months ago when you posted newborn shots. Time slips by far too fast!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up!

wow, life goes tremendously fast...also on this side of the world (and yes the local law have spotted me once again….life goes fast:sport12:)
Feel a weet bit ashamed (not) for not having read up on all you guys and girls stories last months….good to see/read you are all still alive and kicking and burning rubber...

Work is busy, private life has it's ups and downs, my daughter moved out to live on her own with her boyfriend (so proud of her), my son finished school and is now getting ready for his first job.
We bought him a car (which had to be adapted due to him having limited strength in arms and legs (myopthie) and he's signed up for a 6 month formation course to specialize in data processing.
Youngest boys are now in their third primary school (soon 8y) and doing good….

What does a father has to wish for more, right....?

Love reading and seeing all pics and stories on FB (I remain a fan of Billy's stories and ride outs :) )

Greetz to all

And best of luck and speedy recovery to Michelle R

I drop by occasionally. I keep an eye on the other forum too, but rarely post as I have little to add that hasn't already been said.

just logged in again as helping a fellow FZ1 rider to find my thread on the R1 forks conversion. Hi to all first and newer members.
I posted my FZ1 up for sale as it is time to move on to a new road-streetbike. Keeping my eye out for the new MT09 SP 2021. Initially was looking for the MT10, but in Belgium I am now obliged to pay up 1600€ to have it registered due to the change of law regarding HP on the bike. As already paying too much tax and roads are being more and more crowded, I see no added value anymore to have a 100+HP bike in Belgium. Yes the MT09 has now 120-ish HP...
Corana wise we're still doing ok, but it getting really close. We have our first deceased in our family (my father's cousin) and my kids school is now in lockdown because several teachers are tested positive.
You all take care of yourselves and loved ones and the best way to respect social distancing and covering your mouth-nose: put on that helmet and ride out !

Back