Down goes my new FZ1 :(

Unfortunately I low-sided my new FZ1 today. Gravel, wet PA roads. Not too terrible but the worst is it needs a new rearset, handlebars and a new fairing plus some other bits. Would have been much worse if I hadn't put the frame sliders on last week! Any recommendations on where to find OEM stuff that is not at stealership prices?

Fairing, right radiator cover and signal. Already have a signal.
fz1acc1.jpg

Snapped rearset
fz1acc2.jpg

Busted heat shield.
fz1acc3.jpg

Bent bars. Bar ends saved from worse damage.
fz1acc4.jpg

Hopefully you are ok, sorry to hear about your bike.
Thanks. I was wearing my normal full gear so I'm okay. Pants and jacket a little torn up and I will have a sore knee tomorrow but otherwise no other injuries. This is not my main bike but I sure do like it and want to get it fixed up and back on the road. Just have to find the bits and at decent prices.

I have my OEM Exhaust, both rearsets, front fairing (white) off my '12.

BTW, sorry about your wreck. Hope you are okay.

Last edited:
Hope you are alright.
Dont call around dealers, look for 2nd hand / wreckers mate.
I've got rearsets, handle bar, exhaust etc.. but I'm all the way in Sydney :(

Ouch, Glad your in 1 piece. Some folks add sliders to the front wheel, I wonder what good they would have been ? Glad your your still walking and talking. Someone just had parts this week for sale ? Time for a slip on, go Yoshi.

Glad you're not hurt! The bike can be fixed. Someone on here was selling a bunch of cobalt blue parts... have a look in the for sale section.

Keep posting some WTB threads and also look at Partshark.com as they have OEM parts for great prices.

Sorry about your wreck man, I gotta check the shed to see what exactly I have but I know I've got some parts laying around and it looks like you might be located pretty close, I think I have everything you need except the upper fairing, I have to check to be sure though, pm me your info and I might be able to help you out

Sorry about your wreck man, I gotta check the shed to see what exactly I have but I know I've got some parts laying around and it looks like you might be located pretty close, I think I have everything you need except the upper fairing, I have to check to be sure though, pm me your info and I might be able to help you out
Hey moto, tried PM'ing you but system says you are over your quota. I guess you have to clean some stuff out of your Inbox.. Let me know and I'll try again. Thanks.

Mark! Welcome to the forum. I was hoping to have some parts to help you out but all I have left are some rotors and a rear hugger. Sorry to hear about the spill. I got out on Sunday by myself and the roads in that area just plain suck. I have very little ambition for street riding this year.

Last edited:
Mark! Welcome to the forum. I was hoping to have some parts to help you out but all I have left are some rotors and a rear hugger. Sorry to hear about the spill. I got out on Sunday by myself and the roads in that area just plain suck. I have very little ambition for street riding this year.
Hey johnny. You may know where this bridge is since you're from the area. The boards were wet and it broke loose. I may have saved it if there were not any gravel on the other side.. Moved Permanently

Back