Dustin's ninth motorcycle...

Never had any front brake problems in 85,000klms on my 919, I had Hel brake stainless lines on though and ran EBC sinthered pads [the softer ones] ,had a hel line on the rear but only ran organic pads as it was easy to lock up the back if I had to stop suddenly,I wouldn`t bother with the rear Hel line if had my time over again.

It's all going in soon. Bearings are for the front, yeah :)

Let's hope I can get the brakes fixed! Annoying

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever had brake issues on a bike. A warped rotor when I bought it and a set of warp(ing) rotors that I've just put on... We'll see what comes up

Shock is on and feels awesome. I haven't done much riding on it yet but my commuting has given me a taste of things to come.

Head bearings on. The ones in there were surely original and starting to rust along with being worn.

Front right rotor has 1mm deflection so that might explain the pulsing. Will look into getting another rotor on

It only seems that way but I consider most of the work I've done to be basic maintenance. The only outstanding thing has been the brakes but I haven't spent much on them yet. :)

The shock was kind of an unnecessary expense but maybe it's kind of necessary at the same time

Last edited:
So...

I've had this bike 7 months now. I've put 6500 miles on it and I'm just starting to really find my groove with it.

What I've added:

OEM flyscreen
OEM centrestand
Oxford Heaterz heated grips
Racetech fork springs
CBR F3 rear shock built for the 919 by Traxxion Dynamics
RAM GPS mount
Denali DM1 LED auxiliary lights
Givi rack & case
Napoleon stalk mounted mirrors
Motovation frame sliders

When I first bought the bike, I was a bit let down with the fuel economy. I was averaging 33-34 MPG over the winter and I was expecting at least 10 more. After I changed out the worn-out RK chain with the usual DID, my fuel economy started averaging 42-43. Now, if I'm just cruising up the coast or on an Interstate, I'm able to get an easy 190-200 miles before I have to find fuel. Much better!

I had this exact same experience with my SV650. After I changed out the cheap, worn out chain with a quality DID, my fuel economy went up to where I was expecting it to be.

My only complaint aside from the fuel economy (which is much better now) is the seat. This is the first bike I've owned that I haven't been satisfied with the stock seat. 3-4 hours in the saddle and I start to get a sore ass and that's not normal for me. I've ordered a seat from Corbin and it's being made at the moment. I guess I'll have it in a few weeks! Looking forward to trying my first ever aftermarket seat!

Oh, and the stock 'Mickey Mouse ears' mirrors suck

Everything else is great, it's an awesome bike.

Last edited:
Back