Dustin's ninth motorcycle...

It came down to looks, character and budget in the end. There are other details as well but it was mainly just the aura of the bike that I really liked

It came down to looks, character and budget in the end. There are other details as well but it was mainly just the aura of the bike that I really liked

I see...well there's certainly nothing wrong with that Honda 919! I just thought for sure you would end up with a Gen II this time around ;)

One of the issues was the fact I would have had to import an FZ1, no doubt about it. Locally, a used gen II would cost well above $7000.

I could have easily found a used one in America for my $4000 (plus fees and shipping and taxes) but I wasn't prepared for that kind of hassle just now.

I'm not regretting my decision at all. I'm just on my way out to pick up my Givi rack and I have the OEM centrestand on order.

I love the motor, it's happy to cruise along at 3000 rpm and there's enough torque on hand to make effortless overtakes if needed. Very good motor for the street :)

As is usual for Givi products, it's a perfect fit and even colour-matched to blend in. The bike is beefy enough that the case doesn't look enormous, unlike the SV650. I think I'll hold off on the side racks until at least next summer.

I forgot how well designed & built Honda bikes are. Taking off the rear section was a breeze and everything is so... engineered. It's a big difference compared to Suzuki & Kawasaki in my experience.

Last edited:
Waiting for a wack of goodies to arrive to my address in Washington. :)

Ordered the OEM centrestand, OEM fork seals, SonicSprings .95 fork springs, fork oil, a wack of oil filters, brake pads and some used (but hopefully straight) rotors from an F4I.

The 919 is somewhat known for warping the fronts and I have one small vibration on one side. It's a bit annoying :)

Centrestand on. My mechanic said it was a huge pain, exactly as I read on the forums. Although, for him to say that, it must have been awful. He wondered why I was paying him to install it at first but realised why as soon as he read the instructions :D

My $40 F4i rotors off eBay turned out to be almost new! Those are on, along with some standard EBC pads. Nice to not have a pulsating front end.

Fork springs are waiting for me in Blaine, along with some other goodies like new tires. :) I decided on Conti Motions over the PR3s. The main reason was price but I have had good experience with Continental tires in the past and have used the Conti Motions before

Last edited:
great looking bike dustin! my buddy just got a 919 3 months ago, unfortunately he had fuel pump issues from previous owner and while fixing the problem he got some gas on tank without realizing it and ruined paint job. good news is he is changing color scheme this winter, going flat black on front and rear fenders and alpine white on tank. will send you a pic when he gets it finished. congrats again on the new ride!

Centrestand on. My mechanic said it was a huge pain, exactly as I read on the forums. Although, for him to say that, it must have been awful. He wondered why I was paying him to install it at first but realised why as soon as he read the instructions :D

My $40 F4i rotors off eBay turned out to be almost new! Those are on, along with some standard EBC pads. Nice to not have a pulsating front end.

Fork springs are waiting for me in Blaine, along with some other goodies like new tires. :) I decided on Conti Motions over the PR3s. The main reason was price but I have had good experience with Continental tires in the past and have used the Conti Motions before

That thing is looking good. Gotta love a center stand. I love the function of the trunk, but it kills the looks a bit IMHO. I'm anxious to hear how the Continental tires work. I have PR3's and am very happy, but I'm always interested in other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, the racks make the bike ugly. A worthwhile sacrifice, though. :) I'm glad to have a centrestand, it's sort of a must-have.

I will make a review thread on the Contis after some miles :) I put them on the 650R we built up for my friend's wife and was very impressed. I paid $170 for a set on the 919 which is a lot less than the PR3...

I agree, the racks make the bike ugly. A worthwhile sacrifice, though. :) I'm glad to have a centrestand, it's sort of a must-have.

I will make a review thread on the Contis after some miles :) I put them on the 650R we built up for my friend's wife and was very impressed. I paid $170 for a set on the 919 which is a lot less than the PR3...

Yep, must have centerstand. Does not look like I will be up to Seattle this month so YOU need to ride down here. I have so many awesome NorCal roads to show you. You know we have room for you Dustin, let me know when you can make it down here. :shine:

Let me ride that bad boy and I'll show you why the PR's are worth the money :poke:

Y

Back